[2.2] RC1 feedback thread (Sunday's playtest)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kylegar, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I specifically linked to the .50 cal cartridge because it shows a nice photo of the .50 cal BMG round. You know the one.

The NF HR is not an elongated Desert Eagle. It's a god damned rifle and it deserves the type of round that is meant for it.

(and for you CSS noobs, the bullet is a pointy desert eagle round with much more gunpowder :P )

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

.22lr and 5.56 are both rifle cartridges that's why I chose it comparison. Shooting that powerful of a cartridge(.50bmg) in a battle rifle offhand is insane.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Based off something solokiller said.

This is a fictional universe.
    They can use whatever ammunition they want that has any properties they want.

So shut the fuck up about quoting wikipedia and 50 cal and 5.56 stats, this isn't real life, the guns will look and behave however the devs intend.

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

on another topic, i hope you guys put apc spawn research in an interesting spot in the tree, say somewhere like mechanical (with its own branch within that).

It'd be fun to see if a team can pull off a Gas Turbine/Composite APC rush and still not fail after. :)

5. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Just because it is a fictional universe doesn't mean stuff doesn't have to be logical. I was pointing out that a rifle didn't have to be significantly more damaging just because it fired a bullet with a larger nominal caliber. But really, great contribution.