[2.2] RC 5 Playtest, Saturday 12PM

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kylegar, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

This, hopefully, will be the last playtest. Since we slightly failed our last final playtest, this one should be the last.

Going on that, We will have 64 players enabled. Theres a good chance that it will crash, but, Thats what a test is for. If it doesn't work, we keep the playerlimit where its at for 2.2.

Changelog:
    Fixed: Commander bug...Finally
    Fixed: Waiting On Respawn on everything
    Fixed: Added a check to see if the player you are reviving has killed himself. If he has, he cannot be revived.
    Fixed: Ironsights would stop from working.

Modified: Added a CVar to enable horns (emp_sv_vehicle_allow_horn) (Default is On)
    Modified: Added a CVar to limit how many horns you can play (emp_sv_vehicle_horn_limit) (Defualt is 4)

Modified: (For the playtest Only) Bumped Max Players to 64. We gonna see how this plays out yo.

=======================================================================================

This is the second RC playtest, to determine if we can release 1 week after. If it goes well, then the release is locked and there are no further major changes, unless subsequent playtesting reveals crippling game flaws. If we do choose to release after this test, then the next week will be spent testing the hell out of it to be several thousand percent sure that it's quality.

Because this is a Release Evaluation playtest, be aware that it may be somewhat more structured than casual playtests, in order to ensure that the test spans all elements of the game. It will include ordinary games such that we can test in real-world scenarios of course, but it may also include periods of infantry and/or vehicle combat. Please be respectful of what is being tested at any given time. Remember that you're essentially the people who allow a public release to happen.

-FalconX

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Good luck trying to get 64testers on at the same time... Its not like weve had tests recently where people couldn't join because the server was full.

Dunno if this is the place to comment, but I don't like not being able to be revived if I have suicided, especially with it being so easy to get stuck inside a reviving engy or an object, often you have to type kill to be revived again because of this bug. Also, does this count with suicides from falling death or killing yourself with a nade, or just from typing kill in console?

3. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Well, currently, you cannot be revived if you type "Kill" in the console. But, if you killed yourself, you could be revived. I just extended that to self-kills with like, Mortars and grenades, as well as team switches.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

No happy revive for mayama anymore after he shot at the wall instead of the
    enemy with his mortar D:

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Also stops me blowing my way through displacements and reviving myself on the other side...Thats good I guess.

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

7. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

Wouldn't call that much of an improvement, if you get stuck in some physics bug, like some of the ammo creates or between 2 objects which causes fall damage - Thats gonna kill you and now you wont be reviveable

Also heres an idea: right now you die in a barracks you can not be revived as your corpse will fall through the barracks and end up underneath it
    So why not try to make ragdolls solid when in contact with a building, as for them not to fall through

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  8. Deiform

Deiform Member

I hope you rethink the new revive rules because you cut out half of the revives that people need.

Console kill I can understand but physics deaths, and mistakes when firing grenades or mowtars I do not.

9. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

I forgot about the mistakes with nades and mawtars :o
    But yes i concur with deif

10. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i'd change the revive thing back and try to code it a diff. way to prevent exploiting. ie: no rank point for reviving a self-killed/suicidee.

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

That should also apply for squad-points.

12. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'll have to work, sorry
    I hate my new job

13. Reef

Reef Member

Isn't emp_sv_vehicle_allow_horn obsolete? One could just set max horn plays to 0 and it would do the same thing.

14. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Doh

Oh well, you are right. I originally made allow_horn, then went "Hey, maybe if I let only a few horns be played" and added that. You are right though. I'll leave it in to give server admins an on and off switch.

15. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Fucking bullshit...

-Respect

+respect

*pops some pills to calm down

16. FalconX

FalconX Developer

This is the second RC playtest, to determine if we can release 1 week after. If it goes well, then the release is locked and there are no further major changes, unless subsequent playtesting reveals crippling game flaws. If we do choose to release after this test, then the next week will be spent testing the hell out of it to be several thousand percent sure that it's quality.

Because this is a Release Evaluation playtest, be aware that it may be somewhat more structured than casual playtests, in order to ensure that the test spans all elements of the game. It will include ordinary games such that we can test in real-world scenarios of course, but it may also include periods of infantry and/or vehicle combat. Please be respectful of what is being tested at any given time. Remember that you're essentially the people who allow a public release to happen.

------------------------------------------------
    The above is also posted into Kylegar's original post in this thread.

17. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Physics deaths are not included in the suicide, because #worldspawn kills the player.

18. communism

communism poof

Awww I'm not diggin the revive change

I know its a way to try and stop sploiting but honestly only 2 or 3 players know how and I have never seen it used as a sploit in a real game
    Now when a team mate runs in front of me and I die, I need to walk across the map or when other random crap happens also

19. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I don't like the rev change either.

Why don't you guys just fix the maps so even if people get to places they shouldn't be, they just die (e.g. paint with a instant death brush or something).

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer