[2.2] Note about current revision

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kylegar, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I uploaded a test .dll with the scaling code enabled. Its located in your EmpiresTest/bin/scalingtest folder (Its just the server.dll). I also uploaded all the _8 versions of the models, not the _16,_32, or _64 versions, so, you cannot change the scaling callback to anything but 8.

When using the scaling binary, its automaticly enabled to a scale of 8, however, there is a bug where your view will pop back to normal scale then pop back down. I can't, as of yet, figure out how to fix it, and I am waiting on updated code from Moo before I get to work on it.

So, Please please please please back up your current server.dll before you use the scaling dll. It wont affect you if you join a server, because scaling is serverside (All the client-side scaling stuff was enabled in 2.2 anyway, you just needed the server to propagate the scale.)

2. Empty

Empty Member

SWEET!
    Time to make mini empires! :D
    EDIT: It's not workin.
    Now it is!
    The issue might be related to the fact that the playermodels have no animations running.
    Dunno.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Closer and closer to aircraft. It kind of worries me though. I hope aircraft don't turn into the same level of cheapness as nukes / rails.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Aircraft maps are seperate to normal maps, remember? Those maps will have like infinite resources and be too large for feasible tank fights.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

This test isn't for aircraft maps, we want to see how buggy it is and whether we can try making 1/8 scale maps for the classic game mode with infantry and tanks only.

6. Empty

Empty Member

That too.
    Something I've found out with the view bug.
    If you're standing in a position where your hitbox would be intersected by something if you were full sized, the bug tends to go away until you leave such a position.

7. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

hmm in emp_sv_scale 8 I build a VF in com view, build it, and in com view when I try and spawn a vehicle ,the vehicle isn't in 8x scaling

8. Empty

Empty Member

You have to change vehicle script models. Just open all the vehicle scripts and replace .mdl with _8.mdl

9. petemyster

petemyster Member

the svn downloader, i noticed it says there's conflicts in the scripts for the jeeps, BE tank (i forget which) and the modelsounds.cache

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  10. Empty

Empty Member

I get that too. Just ignore it.

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I only uploaded Beerdude's updated weapon scripts, so, I would say, just ignore it. If theres a conflict, it will use yours until you merge them, and odds are, its an added space or empty line somewere

12. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Oh, an additional note about scaling, Please don't promise anything about scaling in 2.2. Right now, I enabled it to test it and see what needs to be done. We are going to do some more internal tests, and it may or may not be in 2.2. Right now, its really low priority, so, if it just clicks into working, it may be included, if it doesnt and requires extensive work, its not gonna be finished.

13. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

even having some new eye candy is GREAT!

14. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Gunships and transports should be allowed in 1/8 scale maps. Those are low altitude aircaft. Transports if nothing else will get people around the map faster.