[2.2] NF heavies

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Deadpool, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

so, sorry I havent been actively participating in tests lately, I havent really had time. been really busy w school.

what I wanted to say here was that i sure do hope that the fact that nf heavies cant aim low enough to hit BE vehicles will be addressed in the upcoming release.

it just occurred to me tonight that sometimes I think I have a sick tank... and then, I get fucked sideways by a slight angle and cant hit the BE tanks, who have cannons as their primary advantage, which... arc... on their way to hitting you in the face...

if Ive missed some discussion on the firing angles of nf heavies, my bad... but man, if not... we gotta fix that...

edit: I am trying to address the relationship of NF heavies when they are on an uphill angle and cant aim low enough to hit what they want. which never happens for BE...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I must agree... if your an enemy tank then all you have to do is get in the face of a NF heavy tank and they can't hit you.(with cannons)

3. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

And? Same issue with the AFV.

4. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

Well, it would make more sense to give the arching weapon (cannons) to the tank that can't aim so low, and give the weapon that goes in a straight line to the tank that can aim lower..

5. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

problem with this is not that it can't be done but that the nf hvy, be afv/apc all would need to be remodelled. The code/script allow you to alter the firing angles but with the current models if you allow lower firing you start hitting yourself. The 'cannons/turrets' need to be closer to the front of the vehicle OR the overall firing point of origin needs to be reattached further away from the center of the model, which would likely require a new longer cannon on said vehicles to work.

6. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

but bitchslap, Im not talking about the afv/apc I think the balance between LTs and afvs/apcs is fine, since the firing angle of the afv/apc was tweaked.

it just really sucks to have to pay so much more attention to terrain in a NF heavy than you do in a BE one.

like in slaughtered, with all those slight hills, its not a problem for nf when you are going downhill, but you are pretty screwed it you are on an uphill incline and a be tank is on level ground in front of you,...

I dont see what this has to do with afvs or apcs at all...

7. sergeant mkoll

sergeant mkoll Member

NF heavies already have MORE fire power, if you do this it would fuck with balencing

8. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

well, you can rush heavies on NF, after you get an armor/engine

can't do that with BE

NF already has the capacity to rape BE so hard in the earlygame, and the lategame

however, BE mediums and heavies, with additional research, rape NF so fucking hard its insane

so yeah, uh,

what was my point again?

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

What? Since when did 2xUML or 5xSML beat 2xRails or 2xHE?

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

NF heavy need a remodel. They are almost a BE barracks in length. Their broadside is like 4x as large as the BE heavy.

11. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

and while we're at it, the NF medium needs to be more useful, and actually worth the research (compared to going for NF heavy)

12. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

You haven't noticed that rails got nerfed yet?
    And 2 UML do more damage and that even quicker (if all of them hit), with even less heat than 2 HE-cannons.

13. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

..Am I the only one that loves NF mediums..? ):

14. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I guess so

its just the NF heavy is so good without bothering to research weapons that mediums are plain silly to get

15. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

i think that this is the problem in a nutshell. if they were a little smaller, then the terrain wouldnt be such a big deal.

also a problem imo... these tanks can rape bases quickly, especially if there are a few of them and an ammo box.

I guess it's more or less balanced, my problem w nf heavies is just that they are way more frustrating to drive and fight with than any other vehicle.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  16. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

but but

5x standard ML

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

True, but part of the problem with all ML's on tanks is that they seem to come out of random locations on the chassis. This is important in a firefight because if a BE heavy is on your right side and your next ML fires from your left, there is a good chance you'll miss. Hence, it may take 1.5 to 2 times the amount of missiles to actually kill another vehicle.