2.2 Map Compiling

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DrummerX, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I take that back. Tried twice now, refuses to compile, its my comp aswell as far as I can tell, so someone else will have to do it.

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I'm calling emp_streetsoffire. Will have my comp compile it while I'm working.

Also, I was working on emp_canyon and I noticed you changed some refs around. Can anyone upload a new minimap file?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Isle done its on the ftp in some minutes, need someone to build the cubemaps. Canyon next.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

On SOF, is the barracks building next to the BE comm a feature or a bug? I see people are still able to drop a barracks there.

Watch out Brutos. I was compiling canyon last night (to see if my settings worked) and noticed some of the refs have been moved. Means you need a new minimap before you compile the map.

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Update SVN, the Refs should be back to where they should be.

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

I would suggest for canyon moving the BE spawn and CV ontop of the nearby hill, and taking the ref off the original point and putting it on the point ontop of the hill, so as to give BE a little more of an even footing with NF, which at the moment has an obvious advantage on the map.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Ah! I was using the VMF's off of DrummerX's ftp site. Will switch to the SVN ones.

8. Omneh

Omneh Member

Drummer's are the fixed and rebalanced ones.

9. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Canyon Is Being Compiled!

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Confirm for me that the refs are in the right spot. SVN should be the same as Drummer's FTP

Right = 2.12 ref layout

12. Omneh

Omneh Member

2.12's ref layout (as well as other issues with the map) causes NF to have the upper hand the majority of the time on canyon. It needs fixing.

13. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

understood, but, I want to release by Friday, so, unless someone wants to rebalance and test it by tonight, be my guest.

so, does Drummer's version of canyon have the 2.12 ref layout? That layout will be released. We can always patch after 2.2 is released.

EDIT: This is also a terrible time to bring up any unbalance on Canyon. We are 6 weeks overdue for 2.2. I don't want to spend another 2-3 weeks fixing things that should have been brought up months ago.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

We already tested an alternate layout but nobody had any feedback at all on it.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

The ref layout for 2.2 emp_canyon's VMF on DrummerX's ftp site is not the same as in 2.12 emp_canyon.

If anybody wants, I can upload the compiled version (with the wrong minimap) and we can test it. We might be able to get around 10 people on short notice if we schedule a playtest later tonight.

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

That won't work. How easy is it to place the refineries back to their 2.12 location?

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Edit: Nevermind

18. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

The unmodified VMFs aren't fixed for the collision issues with the craters. You would need to manually move them back in the updated version.

Can someone do this real quick? I want this compiled by Tuesday for packaging.

19. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

The Canyon that is on the FTP is the correct version, none of the nodes have been moved since 2.12.

All the VMF's on the FTP are the correct ones, remember once you're done compiling the maps put the completed .bsp's onto the FTP for me or someone else to buildcubemaps and such

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

There were several discussions on it, the new layout gives BE too much of an advantage, best to stick to 2.12 version, but I thought this was decided over a while back as that was the only version that worked without falling through craters.