[2.2] Forum Cleanup - Please read

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dizzyone, Aug 20, 2008.

1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I've moved the old threads to the archive, you may have noticed that I also moved a few recent threads to the archive.

With the cleanup are some new rules on how to keep this forum uncluttered and organized.

First of all, try to post your threads in the correct forum, while some suggestions might be related to play testing and any future release candidates, they might as well fit into the suggestion forum; these would be threads that contain new ideas to improve the game that are not yet in any version, public or play test. Same would go for gameplay threads. (gameplay issues etc)

Some threads might still apply to the current release candidate, however, threads are eventually archived on activity, if your thread did get archived and you want to continue it, just make a new thread with new discussion material; always link to the old thread that is in the archive sub-forum.

It's best to try and make your thread serve a general purpose , if possible. Lets say you found some issues on a map and there is no thread about that map, instead of making a thread specifically for the issue, make a general thread about that map for others to use as well.; of course only if there isn't an existing thread about that map.

The Topic should be tagged specifically for a version, with the version name between square brackets, infront of the topic title, example: [2.2] Emp_canyon.

These rules might go against some rules on the public forums, but keep in mind that this is treated as a separate part of the forum.

To sum it up:

- If a thread is archived that you want to discuss further, make a new thread and link to the old, a good way would be to naming the topic exactly the same and adding "II", or whatever, at the end.

- If there is no existing thread that your issue/discussion fits into, make a new one. Example would be a map related issue where you would make a thread meant for all discussion around that map.

And last but not least I want to clear up some confusions on the naming conventions, that might be caused by my bad explainings in engrish.

Version tags go on dis regardless, even if it's a continuation from an archive thread, tag that sucker up.
    Adding numbers behind a thread is only used when continuing a thread that was archived, this does not mean that if somewhere in empires history there was a thread called "buttsechs in da hisouze" that you would require to name your thread "buttsechs in da hisouze II". It's required ONLY if you specificly continue a thread!
    You could end up with a thread named "[2.2] Emp_canyon II" while there have been numerous other emp_canyon threads, in the case of this example it might have been because the same issue mentioned in the archived thread still exists or you have more to say about it in the current version [2.2]

Thank you, have a good day etc.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }