2.12 or 2.21?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by STRIKER, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STRIKER

STRIKER Member

Somebody needs to speak up on behalf of other people that play this mod. This was a good mod, and it needs to be ensured that it will be kept alive. A death of a mod because a collection of poorly thought out ideas made their way to a final version is very foolish.

This thread is made to make clear what the next version of Empires needs to be suggested to be like.

Answer to the following questions by indicating which is better. The choices are either 2.12 or 2.21. This will make clear to the development team what direction the mod needs to go. If you want to play a fun mod, please take this thread seriously.

(Part A)

Indicate which is better for the following. The choices are either 2.12 or 2.21.

1. Vehicle Control
    2. Features beyond the essential for gameplay
    3. Tech Tree
    4. Rifleman Weapons
    5. How Commander is Controlled

(Part B)

This is a short answer question. What kind of behavior would you prefer to see from the development team to make the mod better?

Example
    1. 2.12
    2. 2.12
    3. 2.12
    4. 2.12
    5. 2.12

1. General Interest in the Mod

Please participate in this discussion if you think this game is important.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i do not understand what you want me to do in this thread, i'd like to state though that overall 2.21 is a progression on the most important fields

3. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

$_Get['ThisThread']!=$ASuggestion

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

1. 2.22
    2. 2.22
    3. 2.22
    4. 2.22
    5. 2.22

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Yeah, the devs are idiots and they can't think at all.

I mean, what the fuck did they think of when they made the game look better, slightly fixed balance and removed tank wars. FUCKING RETARDS!

EDIT: Chilling now. My rage meter just goes up when a little p13 wants to talk about how everything the devs did is bad. If you want change, become a tester damnit.

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

You're a little to late. This has been done tons of times when 2.2 came out.
    1. Its problems with the port to OB. Devs should be fixing it.
    2. more specific? however I should tell you I used to be against the OB port because I believed ep1 engine was a lot more stable, simpler and faster. since 2.21 one came out, its fixed a lot of the stablity issues that sometimes were just caused by crappy servers. After turning of HDR, the speed is just a little slower than 2.12. I've been told OB engine opens up a lot of possibilities for the game. I don't know what they are but its suppose to be a lot more flexing.
    3. There are a few major changes, such as the HIT, APC spawns, heavy research cost and railgun nerf. Now the extended ranged cannon is the new rail gun :D and that means people get reflective now :D and HE is gay :cool: . I don't really care for the other changes.
    4.need to be buffed, or just the BE side
    5. wha? are you on pot?

Both 2.21 and 2.12 have their problems, but most of the people have moved on to 2.21. Anyways we have 2.22/3.0 to look forward to.

oh yeah and Part B
    1. ADD BULLET DROP AND RANGER SKILL FOR SCOUT RIFLE AND SCOUT REPECTIVELY
    and APC hooks too

7. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

u forgot the lumberjacks, and pow camps

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

2.12 more fun and dynamic
    2.12 only because gren RPG upgrs are so expensive and stupid tier 2 arty
    2.12 n/c on that
    2.21 Aside cv now being a shit to drive, 2.2 is better in this case imo

9. STRIKER

STRIKER Member

2-4 years ago something very similar to what you are saying about this mod was being said within the zombie panic (another HL mod) community. "You just need to stick with it, its not that bad, a new version that is better is coming."

Like any other internet game, development was noticed as a defening silence while 13-17 year old kids shot their mouths off about ideas that are well...just....crap. That mod pretty much died. I just hate to see the same fate happen to this mod. I still have some confidence left in the devs of this game to change things for the better which is why I made this thread to begin with.

Say what you want, if you do not challenge the devs of this mod, the finished product will not reflect what is happening in the player's world.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

(Part A)

Indicate which is better for the following. The choices are either 2.12 or 2.21.

1. Vehicle Control This was changed simply because the OB requires more variables for the game.
    2. Features beyond the essential for gameplaywhat features? there were no features added AFAIK. 9 mining removed, BE got a gun to counter the NF .50.
    3. Tech TreeOnly major change other than absorbant armor now a tier II research is that arty were dropped back with medium tanks so that they would actually be used. No other tech tree items were significantly changed. I wrote a very extensive script change log in regards to this kinda thing.
    4. Rifleman WeaponsOnly 1 riflemen specific weapon was changed. Get over it.
    5. How Commander is ControlledNo changes here.

the behavior that you would like to see from the dev team? I've never seen the dev team this active in the public forums, going so far as to even post their own thoughts in the suggestion forums, and answering many questions on IRC, etc. I've played and been part of this forums since the previous forums. There has been a significant increase in the amount of dev work being done publicly. They are also working with players to better balance weapons and tank handling so that they are fun and slightly more realistic than the perfect handling and absurd speed of the 2.12 vehicles.

The mod isn't dying. It's coming back to life.

also, there is no way for the devs to revert the mod back to the ep1 source code from here on out. It was changed to a new fucking engine, and they are working out the kinks. Stop whining and start being helpful.

11. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

This mod moved to a new engine, it needs fixes.

Infantry weapons will gain a buff too in the next version,

Commander view and things related to commanders and commanding will be changed aswel.

New player models are planned,

Research system will be changed,

ect.

Stop whining please, your just trying to be controversial and get a popular topic.
    The dev team knows exactly what they want and they are working on it.
    We had this conversation for over a milion times, we get the point ok?

If you want to improve this mod make a topic and put in constructive critisism instead of preaching about the end of times.

This mod is not dead, and never will be dead.

There are about 150 people on average.

This mod isn't near dead yet.

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Shitty thread is shitty. There is already a shitload of threads about this and the overwhelming majority of shit your complaining about it stuff that had to be changed due to OB port and is being worked on and improved for 2.22.

Read more and post less. Or just post less.

13. CoolPenguin

CoolPenguin Member

1. 2.12
    2. 2.12
    3. 2.12
    4. 2.12
    5. 2.22

14. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

QF agreeing with every single word.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Are you on crack ma boi

16. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

I'll follow your example...:rolleyes:

1. 2.12
    2. 2.12
    3. 2.12
    4. 2.12
    5. 2.12

comments: i dig the horns and hand-brakes^^

17. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

metalsmith, weapon aiming is crapy for the rifleman now. these days i just go gren and weep.;)

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

It's not that hard to fix weapons.

The trick is to find the line between fun and pew pew death rays.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

:|ove:

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Thread Is Out Of Date Omfg Noob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.