2.12 map rerelease - BumGravy Valuepack!

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by ScardyBob, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

That's right, the promised day has finally arrived. BumGravy gave me permission to recompile these awesome 2.12 maps (especially my personal favorite, emp_plunge). So without further adeu, I present the special BumGravy map valuepack!.

Also, if anyone else can provide a better mirror than fpsbanana, it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dune
    Version: Orange Box Release 1
    By: BumGravy

DOWNLOAD emp_dune_ob1
    -Mirror 1: Dropbox

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plunge
    Version: Orange Box Release 2

DOWNLOAD emp_plunge_ob2

[​IMG]

Territory
    Version: Orange Box Release 1

DOWNLOAD emp_territory_ob1

[​IMG]

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

1) FUCK YES PLUNGE

2) Bumgravy is around? I've missed him

Also, I recommend installing dropbox.
    http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMzQ3NjM5

That's a referral link, gets you and me an extra 250mb if you use it. www.getdropbox.com is the main site. Pretty much everyone around here uses it, so I'd honestly recommend getting it. I recommend it to everyone, it's so fucking awesome. I couldn't live without it.

Just loaded them all up, they seem fine. Any chance you can fix the 2 exploit holes on plunge? Just drag the geometry down slightly and recompile. It shouldn't take longer than 30 seconds to do, then recompile and release as ob2.

Also, whilst I remember, emp_encore has missing textures. I think it's just the .res file, I'll try fix it myself. If it does work, I'll send you the fixed .res file.

3. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

No, I didn't fix the exploits, where are they at?

Also, with encore, I believe it was the models, not brushes, missing texture. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Edit: I don't think BumGravy is back, but he finally pmed me that it was ok.

4. Trickster

[​IMG]

Encore has missing textures too, but they may be in the install archive, I'll see what I can do.

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

omgyes

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I miss him twice as much a you sissis :(

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Territory could use some optimizing. It seems it's not only me that gets a major fps drop here and there.

8. Empty

Empty Member

But I haaaate encore.

9. manbeef

manbeef Member

Wow. I think plunge was actually the first empires map I ever played. I kept getting lost in the water in the middle and noobed it up a bunch.

10. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That might even motivate me to play Empires again.

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Alright, I fixed the displacement problem in plunge and updated the file.

Also, the missing texture on encore is in the bunk bed model, which I don't have the original files so I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there a way to decompile a model so you could change stuff like that?

12. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I used those bed models in snowstorm, if you use pakrat you can look at the mdl file and it tells you the paths for the textures used, then its just a matter of replacing(or placing) them. It was cloth_black01 and cloth_white01 or something like that iirc

13. Trickster

There's a dicktonne of other missing stuff on encore besides a missing bed.

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I can't donwlaod plunge_ob2. fpsbanana is unsafe atm my anti virus stops me from going there issuing an unsafe site warning and I have read many articles on the net about the virus on that site recently..

From one article:
    "The new FPSBanana virus is a Rootkit virus known as "Black Internet". It is extremely dangerous to your system and security on your computer..."

This is a thread on steam forums:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1358896

Please move the maps to another download site.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Whoa, I didn't see that before, good catch. Just checked my computer and it doesn't seem infected so I'm going to assume I just got lucky. Anyways, I moved all of the downloads over to dropbox so everything should be good now.

16. Trickster

They fixed all the virus issues back in July. It's been clean for 2 months on FPSbanana.

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

My antivirus still issues me a huge warning, but in eitehr case that site is prone to viures so I think it is best to have the downloads elsewhere IMO