1.08 Beta Build 86 download anywhere?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tony Montana, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

hello
    i need the empires 1.08 Beta Build 86 anyone know where i can get it?
    i really miss the old animations & radio voices, musthave
    plz help

2. Ghost Sonic Safais

Ghost Sonic Safais Member

search the net,but I doubt that you find it.
    Also,old animations? What are so special about them?
    Charakter animations haven't changed,just weapon 1st person animations.

also,you won't be able to play online,no real reason to go backwards really...

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

You can use the old animations in the current version. Also, third person animations have changed.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I have like 6 empires installs :)

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

sure the player walking animation looks stupid, i want back the old, like counterstrike beta, but i managed 2 bring them back into the new counterstrike however this is not counterstrike, but i think i could bring them back in empires too

i searched the net, but it seems that there arent any of the old beta versions at all

i was also thinking about, to make a 1.08 server

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I have all the 1.08 RCs starting from the RC7 full packet till the RC32 hotfix.

Just say the magical number and I'll upload it for you. (In other words, say the RC's number.)

7. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

wow thanks
    i dont know the rc number, but i searched the changelog its the one after 1.071 Beta (the first 1.08 released) i remember also there was a hotfix for commander crashing, but im not sure and dont really needit

Code:
    Version 1.08 Beta Build 86 Changes:

-Modified: moved to HL2DM player animation
    -Fixed: vehicle client-side turret control was jittering due to client-side prediction
    -Added: implemented client-side movement
    -Added: new muzzle flash effects for all weapons
    -Added: vehicles jump into the air when they die
    -Fixed: player client-side movement teleport issues
    -Fixed: as commander, dragging a box around a dead player would highlight a box around him as though he were still alive
    -Fixed: as commander, while dragging a selection box, moving the mouse over the minimap caused the camera to move with the mouse
    -Added: "Log Out" button to commander GUI
    -Fixed: destroying an unbuilt radar would subtract from the total number of built radars, causing an issue where the team had a fully functional radar but couldn't research anything
    -Fixed: destroying an unbuilt building that is marked for recycling would cause the building to never be removed from the game
    -Fixed: the commander was able to recycle an engineer built turret
    -Modified: altered squad HUD member listing to only show each member's name and their health
    -Fixed: enemy engineer deconstructing a vehicle would send a voice alert that the commander was under attack
    -Added: alerts to the left side of the commander GUI for when a player/vehicle/building is attacked/destroyed which lists the event happening and clicking on the alert will move the commander camera to that location
    -Fixed: in commander interface, commander was able to order units to attack enemy units that were shrouded in his fog of war
    -Fixed: in commander interface, ordering a unit to attack multiple targets would not clear his previous orders, ie, if he were guarding a building before being ordered to attack multiple targets, he would be told to attack the new targets as well as the building he was guarding
    -Fixed: in commander interface, dragging a box around units could be done too quickly, causing it to be ignored
    -Added: 'emp_comm_jumptoalert' console command which will center the commander camera over an alert's location
    -Added: optimized NF building models
    -Fixed: NF vehicles had "nocull" textures which was unoptimized
    -Modified: increased horsepower for all tank engines

thats the baby i need
    should be the RC7 full packet

thanks everyone for helping

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

That version is pre forum test RC's, those were not released publically, not even to 1.08 play testers. There is no reason to get that specific version either, the animations mentioned in that changelog are the same ones being used in the current version.

9. Omneh

Omneh Member

-Added: new muzzle flash effects for all weapons

Uh, What? Empires doesn't have muzzle flash NOW... (at least, I don't see it, all I see is a line of tracer, and some light)

Then again, I may be unsure on the correct definition of "muzzle flash". :/

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

Empires definitely has muzzleflashes.

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah, try iron sights. You'll notice then.

12. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

:( just need an old version beetwen 1.07-1.08
    dont tell me plz there no reason to get them, i have, you maybe not
    i dont want to play that old, i eventually make some combinations with the new version i dont like

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

No, you will not get any older version, and especially not any RC, those are only for testing.

14. communism

communism poof

He is asking for a favor I really doubt he is going to try and steal the mod from a RC build ;o

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Every RC was ment specifically for testing, it isn't ment for release. Any RC's are outdated compared to the current version. If he wants older contents, he can download V1.07, which is the last pre-2.0 version. 1.08 is just the early name for 2.0.

16. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

so why is 2.0 different from 1.08 if they are the same?
    ok 1.07 would do as well, but there are no downloads, i searched the net today again (even torrents) no results at all, but i found v.1.0 sourcecode?! the problem is i do not need any sourcecode or compiled clients or servers

the main reason i want that old version is the media content, "models,sounds..." folders and maybe the scripts
    so why cant somebody pack that stuff from a release canidate, there shouldnt be any differences, as of developer do some fine adjustments in the sourcecode so media doesnt change that often

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

During development on 1.08, we had to get enough people to test it every time a new RC was released, that's why we created a subforum, which was locked a month or two, three after it was created, and then we had almost 40 RC's, at which point it was called 2.0 because it was a major release, and i'm sure you know what happened after it was released.
    The RC's do not contain the old content at all, the RC's, starting with RC 1, contained the new models and sounds, so asking for a 1.08 RC won't get you anywhere.
    And V1.07 weapon models weren't exactly top quality, their reload animations were all the same in every way.
    I did a search on google, it took me less than 10 seconds to find both V1.0 and the V1.07 patch.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  18. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

thanks man i did a search for 1.07 instead of 1.08, i found patch only, hope it will extract without requesting for v.1.0 full installed, and has all the content i need

additional:
    found the other old versions as well (except 1.08 im sure there was a public release of it), anyone who is interested here is the link
    http://www.exp.de/filebrowser.php?go=/Games/hl2/mods/empires

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

V1.0 is floating around on fileplanet, so is V1.07.

20. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yes its called v2.0