1.07 tanks price (armor)

Discussion in 'Support' started by MOOtant, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

First: are tanks built by commander cheaper than those built by other players?

If not:
    I think both cost the same price but you get wrong price in VGUI when buying as normal soldier in VF. Armor price is doubled in VGUI. When you bought the tank you will notice that smaller amount was subtracted from team resources.

This bug quite important. You can't buy tank unless you have almost 2x as resources as you really need.

It was already reported by Petko but he posted it just in "new version released" topics.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

the expensive price is the correct price, I checked it, the cheap prices are bugged and seem to have something to do with armor multiply or something, I have no clue what it is.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I wasn't sure about the 2x price (Petko said that) only thing that I'm sure of is that the prices are wrong.

4. Petko

Petko Member

I dont know whats up with people... this problem exist sience the beggining... its a really obvious problem, and can be really annoying when you want to put on 10-15 inches of armor. Its a vgui problem only (on all armor types, on all vehicles, on all sides, on all vguis (commander, factory, v button), because it locks up the build button, but when you build it substracts the correct amount.
    I should get a nobel prize in math for this, if im the only one who can notice it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I belive the reason behind not updating the vgui is because they aren't done tweaking the costs and weights and don't want to change them until they're satisified with the costs.

However, I do believe it's something that really needs to be updated when the changes are made, especially considering some armour costs a great deal more than what is shown.

6. dizzyone

hmm i checked the scripts and the price the vgui calculates is idd wrong, I got used to the vgui so much I thought the prices shown left werent updated to the new armor price.

So yeh the expensive price is idd wrong, I always calculated it by that :o

7. Petko

Petko Member

I didnt because 100 credit for 1 inch of composit armor seemed a bit too much. You put up 4x3 inch armor, and you get a price of 1200 just for the armor, which is unrealistic. (it should actually cost only 600) ... And dont forget the same problems for the weight.
    Maybe im the only one that notices also that noone uses medium or heavy tanks anymore, and its because of this also besides the turret farming + artillery owns everything game.

8. dizzyone

i posted this bug ages ago tho, I believe cpugeek and falconx were thinking about changing this but Im guessing they werent aware of the bugged vgui, because I was calculating with the expensive price and they didnt seem to notice :o

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I hope that they didn't change anything in 1.07. :P

10. Visigoth

Visigoth Member

i have never gotten that armor selection screen

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

So if you don't know what you are talking about please stay quiet and don't make mess from normal bug topic. If admin sees it please removed Visigoth's post and mine. (We can talk about that type of things after you read the manual and on PM or irc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.