1.07 fatal crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by ANGRY Shaved Whale, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

Very simple for me. If you atl tab or hit the windows key, the hl2 engine will error causing a fatal crash. I did before a restart and after a restart on 2 different servers. Just posting to see if this is a globe problem or a client issue.

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

Does it happen on other Source games for you (e.g. CSS or DODS)? If so, your video drivers might be at fault. Try reinstalling DirectX 9c and then get and install the latest drivers for your video card.

3. ANGRY Shaved Whale

Nope, I use to be able to do this is the perivous versions to do hlsw and winamp...

edit: forgot this part...

Yes may drivers are up-to-date... Also I dont believe this has to do anything with video or directx.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I can safely alt-tab, although it reduces my mouse sensitivity in-game to half of what it should be.

Yeah, apparently yesterday was "IM Dumpster_Fox while he was playing anything" day.

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Alt-Tab hardly works with any resource-hogging graphics-advanced game today. Alt-Tab on Starcraft works fine, but not any Source based games.

And Fox, what do you mean about yesterday?

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Alt-tab works fine for me.

It's probably because the game has trouble catching up with itself, and I can imagine this being a problem for lower end machines because there's a lot of data being thrown at it at once.

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I just meant that I got pulled to desktop by, like, seven different people IMing me throughout the day. It sucked.

8. Darg

Darg Member

I have never been able to alt tab safely from any source game. Empires is the worst of all though with a 0% chance of recovery.

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Same for me... Sometimes I get pulled to desktop by accident or other reasons and I can never get back into empires but, no other source game gives me this problem. 2 patches ago I had no problem getting back into empires...Except the 5 minute wait. :/

10. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

i alt tab out of every game i posess and it always comes back
    the source games just take a litttle while longer to respond

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

same here, just takes sometime to load up again

12. ANGRY Shaved Whale

What your saying probibly very true, but in my case I have a very good computer that is by no means cheap either. I talked to another gaming buddy and they said that they have hte problem also. When I crashed I did not even get a memory dump, nothing. I only posted to see if this is a problem with other people, but it seams to be my client only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.