1.07 commandermode crash+lag

Discussion in 'Support' started by dizzyone, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Ok so I finally decided to post this in the bug forums.

Terminator said something about commander mode being more serverside now altho he wasnt sure about it, but it seems to be a bit too heavy on my pc, on the official when i select multiple units my fps drops like hell and im unable to give attack orders and stuff, also I have crashed 3 times in ~15 minutes in the last game. No condumps tho.

Im not sure either what the real cause is of the crashing, but I crashed yesterday aswell and im sure its going to happen a lot more.
    Just seems like the load is just too much for my poor pc/internet to handle.

Dont think its my pc specifically because I havent crashed once with 1.064 and other versions where the commander bugs were fix, my pc is pretty standard and never had any problems with it or any sudden crashes.

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I encountered the same bug (slow comm mode). It wasn't there in 1.064

3. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

I have the same problem with 1.07

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Most likely it's something to do with running on the new engine. Try setting your "steamappid" in gameinfo.txt to "220" which makes it run on HL 2 and see if that fixes it.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yep, thx

it fixed it completly, not sure about the crashing just yet but I'll send my dumps if I get any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.