1.064 commander selecting units

Discussion in 'Support' started by Angelo85, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Member

Hey guys,

I don't know if this an "official" bug (at least I found nothing regarding this issue). I have just commanded in two games with the actual patch 1.064.
    One bug I encountered: when I try to select multiple units per dragging a box (press and hold left mousebutton, then drag it somewhere to get a box) sometimes it works but most times it doesn't select anything. I haven't tested this extreme but it seems to have something to do with selecting buildings AND units (then it works more often).

Second thing is I have a hard time selecting units in general by clicking on them. I tried different points of the pointer (top, the top left corner where it is actually pointing, the middle etc.) and sometimes I select a unit sometimes I don't (with different positions). Do you have the same problem? Maybe it is the solution I'm playing with (LCD 1280 x 1024)? I must admit I have never tried to play with another solution not so high.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

it is a known issue :)

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

I have a theory that unit selection works off the unit model's hitboxes. If this is the case, the success of selecting by clicking on the unit will depend greatly on the tilt of the Commander's view (X key) and the zoom level (Z key). In other words, zooming in closer and restoring the camera to 90-degree tilt will yield best results.

4. Simon

Simon Banned

When you drag the box hold it open above the units for a few seconds above the units before you release it. Works great.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I can confirm this, if you are still dragging when you release then it will not select.

6. Angelo85

Angelo85 Member

Thanks you so much for the tip Simon! I tried it yesterday and it worked perfectly. I now even choose single Units by dragging a box and holding it up for about 0.5 - 1 Seconds. Works everytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.