1.05 - District - Not the Roof

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lock N' Load, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

In the newer map, Emp_Distict, there are many annoying bugs, maybe speccific to my computer or to the map, but either way, it's a bug and I need help.

In the map, certian box structures when looking at them from certian angles will cause....*Digs up screen shot*

[​IMG]

Now, I'm not that well experinced in Hardware, so I don't know if that is just my card (Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 - a1230n) or if it is the map.

The location it happens in is...

[​IMG]

EDIT: More exact...

[​IMG]

If I would of turned to the left and put my crosshairs on those boxes, I would of crashed, which I did.

I'll update when I can get a more exact screen shot, but it has happened in other areas, but that is much less common.

I'm just pissed off since it was a 1:1 ticket match and I was reviveing someone.

And, just for humour:

[​IMG]

EDIT: I have a video of it happening, but it's with FRAPS so it would be large and I'm to cheap to buy an editor and shrink it, so... if you really really wanted it, I could find a place to host it hopefully.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

It looks like your drivers are freaking out for some reason. Try updating them, and see if it works.

...Yeah, that's all I got.

3. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

There's your problem right there. Get a real graphics card. Oh and i might be your drivers too, but i would still go for an actual Vid card

4. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

My Drivers are updated to handel Half-Life2 Episode 1 and do handle the game. And it has to be the map since it happens in the same places ALL the time. Those boxes, if I'm dead in one of the alley ways, it's ALWAYS the same spots and I don't see how my card can have a problem with the map in ONLY those locations.
    And my card works damn good, so stop saying that's the problem since I know it isn't. I can run HL2 on any setting other than "Full HDR".

5. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

But the fact remains that nobody else has this problem. This means that it's something on your end causing the crash. Is it your fault? No. But it means that we need to fix something on your computer, not fix the map.

Also, I tried looking up what you said your graphics card was (Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 - a1230n), and as far as I can tell, the XPRESS 200 is a motherboard. A DXdiag might be of use, here.

6. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yeah, okay... Go to Start>Run... and type in "dxdiag". Save it, and I guess post it here, or something.

Yeah, it says you can attach .txt files. So yeah, when you've got a minute.

/flying blind

8. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

You could try
    -installing the most recent DirectX. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fb73d860-5af1-45e5-bac0-9bc7a5254203&DisplayLang=en

-reinstalling your graphics driver (Uninstal, Reboot, Reinstal).

-making sure your Mainboard Drivers are up to date.

Look at the Mainboards manufacturers homepage. The default Catalyst Driver might not be working perfectly for example.

Other than that the game files could be corrupted in some way (unlikely) .. reinstalling Empires helps in that case.

you could also try switching the engine down to DirectX 8.0 mode by typing "dx 80" (if I remember correctly) into console (or adding -dx 80 to the starting shortcut [to get access to console add -console])

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.