★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

but I'm sure you will spin it to suit your beliefs :) I said that with love ;)

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

In the latest ABC poll the sample size was 37D-27R-30I and it came out as a "tie". I don't get what you don't understand about them skewing the polls here. When they over sample one demographic by 10% and get a tie, that shows that Trump is winning. The polls are cooked against Trump, look at the insides of any of them. All, or I should say most, have this same skewing going on, so when it shows Trump winning it is actually more than what is shown by the poll. You are purposely trying to deny this.

In other news, rumor has it that Clinton and Bill are now going to be implicated in a child sex ring. I don't believe this, but it's what people "heard" though I do find this hard to believe. She might be a witch, but I don't think shes that bad.

Also in other news, FBIanon who posted on 4chan the inner workings of the Clinton's on 4chan and accuratly called Comey not Indicting Hillary said that many people had been telling her not to run for president. She ran, and now APPARENTLY big news is suppose to come out against her tomorrow at 11am.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So FBI has alleged clinton has a connection to child raping?
    Right before the eletions?

Lmao, USA.

4. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I'd like to clear the record, that is not what I said. The fbi hasn't said that, it is people saying they heard it from their friends who we're investigating the wiener case before it got turned over to the fbi. It's a rumor, no fact, yet.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I was never doubting the corruptness of hillary or her influencing media tbh, in my previous posts I admitted that the email you quoted gave HRC 1 question instead of your implied multiple questions ( in that specific mail ).

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Youll notice ive not quoted your post.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats not what a sample size is.
    if the previous was percentages (but then it only sums up to 94) its not percentages, its percentage points. and if that was actual people polled (a sample size), 94 out of 235mio (thats what google said is the amount of eligible voters) is by far not enough to draw any conclusion. from the perspective of statistics this would be more like fortune telling and nothing credible at all.
    also, i mean it might be language barriers and such, but demographics has a whole different meaning in my language.

8. Deiform

Deiform Member

Tbh considering the polls in the UK for the past few years, they've been totally off the mark. It was supposed to be another coalition government and a Remain vote, but here we are.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Multiparty systems or ballot initiative/referendums are often much harder to accurately poll than the dual-party system in the U.S. One of the features or drawbacks (depending on your view) of the U.S. political system is its stability from election to election. Also, the U.S. pre-election period lasts much longer than most other countries, allowing pollsters more time to work the bugs out of their polling techniques.

That being said, its often better to look at polling aggregators rather than individual polls, as they are more likely to be accurate. My two personal favorites are Fivethirtyeight and Realclearpolitics.

10. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

That was percentages, my bad. It was percentages out of, I believe 1000 people were polled, which seems to be the standard for most of these polls. Again, the credibility can be taken into account based on the sample size and the percentage of people polled during that time. Also, roughly 60% of the US votes every year is the last I heard.

Demographic over here simply means part of a population. Therefore, Democrats are a demographic, Republicans are a demographic, people who believe that aliens are flying purple people eaters are a demographic.

Edit: The ABC poll that was broken up into 37D-27R-30I was a poll of 1165 LV, which means likely voters. It gave Hillary a +1 lead. If it was evened out to be 32D-32R-30I, like the split traditionally is in our country, (though there can be +1D and minus 1R) you have to agree that that would put Trump in the lead if the poll wasn't skewed like that. It would be surveying an equal amount instead of having a 10% difference in them that can result in a big difference in the poll.

On top of this, and note I haven't specifically looked into it for this specific poll yet as I am busy, but you also have to check to see the location of the polling, what races were polled and at what percentages etc to get a real feeling of the poll. If it polled more blacks then it did whites, of course it will have Hillary ahead. It could poll a county that is more D than R even thought he state would lean more R. There's so much to the polls that can be skewed and it is stupid to take them at face value, especially when some of the cooking is so obvious.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

might be a social desirability bias?

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

no.
    you gotta disregard bad sources

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

taking 50% d and 50% r would create a false bias

you want those percentages to be representable to the population, and i think that is what the poll tried to do.

14. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Well it failed massively then because there are almost as many republicans as there are democrats, there is a bout a 1% difference nationwide between Democrats and Republicans, with there being 1% more registered democrats.

Also, we are seeing these types of polls where they oversample democrats in Republican strongholds to make them appear like they have a weak following of Trump, such as Arizona and Texas.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

THE SMOKING GUN THAT CONNECTS RUSSIA TO TRUMP HAS BEEN REVEAL IN THIS LEAKED EMAIL
    [​IMG]
    Why are they inviting them? Are they friends? THere is clearly a collusion at midst here

i thought id be like you guys today and post a nonsensical email.
    it actually is kind of fun. i get why you guys do it now

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL podesta is still linked to Russia after he said he cut off all ties with them an email showed.

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

funny how most in the USA are putting a lot of credence in the leaked emails including dems and the Clinton campaign has never denied their authenticity, and people are getting fired due to them but you think they are fake or unreliable sources or nonsensical....interesting

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

lets not generalise, some emails are fake, some are true.

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

over 40,000 are authentic which is how may wiki leaks have released. No one has proved that any of them are not authentic.
    You would think it would be in HRC best interest to do so, but they haven't which says a lot about their authenticity.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.