★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

imo belgium is still not strict enough.

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Yea it is all corrupt. The politicians make these laws when there is large enough public outcry but there is ALWAYS a loophole, such as the superpacs. Before superpacs, there were just pacs, before pacs there was something else... everytime a law has been passed to get the money OUT of politics, it just gets abused harder.

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

No, you're right. However, Trump is the best bet for fighting that. He wants to impose Term Limits by invoking article 5 of our constitution, which is our best bet for cutting out corruption, and make every state hold an assembly in which the people get to vote on a new amendment. He also wants to appoint an AG that will go after corruption.

This last fiscal year (I think), the Army said we don't need anymore tanks. What did Congress do? Bought them 500 new tanks costing us a lot of money.. that went to the arms industry. We can cut that out and effectively reduce our budget for the military and begin work on cutting our deficit down by getting rid of this small corruption.

4. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Also, the 2013 Clinton Foundation Tax returns got released. $8,865,052 went to "Grants and similar amounts paid", $0 for "Benefits paid to or for members", $29,914,108 want to "Salaries, other compensation, employee benefits", $45,719,364 went to "Other expenses" and their revenue less expenses were $64,204,945.

That is 5% of expenses going towards actual people. I am no tax expert, but from what is seen on their tax form is.. atrocious.

blizzerd likes this.
  5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

There was a law against pacs? So they decide to make something new but instead of completely change the name they name it SUPER pac? Seriously thats sad lol

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Yea, a PAC is essentially a Superpac with a tad bit more limits, but it allowed them to fund directly into the candidates campaign. They drafted a new law and... low and behold an AMAZING LOOPHOLE that allows Suprepacs to form which can't be affiliated with the Candidates campaign. This is why you see ads that say Not Affiliated with the campaign. However, as we are seeing with Hillary's campaign in a direct admission, they are coordinating... Again, I'm not an expert but it's sad. He also doesn't refute if the videos are true.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its weird how i was about to post this aswel. It takes a lot of homage out of Machiavelli the prince, but yea...

9. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Just voted \o/

I advise all you Americanos to make sure you do the same, either early or day of.

10. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Already voted by Absentee. Let's go!

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i always say voting is so good, you should do it twice

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

brb going back to voting location with my fake mustache and sharpie for my driver's license.

flasche likes this.
  13. complete_

complete_ lamer

no look, my driver's licence is clearly missing an n. my name is Se■or_Awesome

Señor_Awesome likes this.
  14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

And as a lowly Seor, I only vote straight party. Chosen by coin toss.

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

me too 2 weeks ago with absentee ballot.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

well Comey got the warrant.. we shall see.....

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Nope, here's how it works:

PAC = Can collect money to give to candidates/parties (or to run ads) but with limits
    SuperPAC = Can collect unlimited money to run ads, but is technically suppose to be 'independent' of any candidate/party. Effectively, they can attack a candidate/party but they can't support a candidate/party

SuperPACs were one of the consequences of the Citizens United decision, which is why there are many people wanting a Constitutional amendment to overturn it.

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

Am I right in saying that Florida is probably going to decide this election?

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Why would you think that? if i am to believe the polls and the shillaries the election is already decided.

20. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I'd say no.

Iowa, Florida, and Ohio are all pretty leaning R this election. Plus, Florida has republicans ahead in EARLY voting which NEVER happens because republicans are more apt to vote on election day. Republicans being ahead in Early voting means something big.

I think the states going to decide it: Michigan and Colorado

Why? Michigan lost a lot of jobs under democrat and republican governments due to trade deals. Trump promised to bring the jobs back and punish the companies that went overseas and left them jobless, that is, to quote Michael Moore, "Music to their ears".

I also think Colorado is going to be a big one because Hillary is, if I recall, staunchly against marijuana. Trump on the other hand wants to allow medical marijuana across the US and then let each state decide it's stance on legalizing it for recreational purposes.

I think Trump has Ohio, Iowa, and Florida on lock. Wouldn't be surprised if he won Virginia and North Carolina, Possibly Pennsylvania (Which, at this point I'm pretty sure he will have already won), and then the two I'd consider swing states.

Fun Fact: Minnesota, a state that voted against Reagan when the rest of the country voted for him, is within margin of error for going to Trump. That is the state of the election currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.