The New Armor System

Discussion in 'Archive' started by FalconX, Aug 18, 2007.

1. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

this system that makes you choose isnt bad but i think its too restricting right now tank should always be able to equip at least basic MG and some low weight weapons with full armor but atm i always end up with missiles launchers and thats it i cant even kill infantry with it i have to ignore them or get out and shoot them with my gun...

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

Mootant, that was what i was trying to show kitty. I said it to show people that this is how it plays now, and that i think this is how it SHOULD be as well. There was no complaint in my post. So ... i'm glad you agree :)

Broccoli, in that case i could agree with you.

Dj Die, apart from the LT it really is possible to have a HE cannon, a chaingun, and still have more armor plates than before RC20. Remember that 'full armor' now means more plates then 'full armor' a week ago.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  3. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

sure you can have bit more armor but in my case full armor means 6 plates in front and on sides but only 2 on back side meaning i cant retreat or at least retreat fast because i have to go reverse
    also it was a heavy tank i could only equip 3rocket launchers and thats all after we had regenerative armor i could equip basic mg but it was impossible to kill infantry with it anyway and my high ping makes things even worse

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I preferred the BE Heavy having the forced limitation of fewer armor slots on the back (considering that it has more weapon slots). Now that you can put 6 plates on any side, it just doesn't feel as vulnerable any more. The sides are becoming less differentiated, which is the opposite of what these changes should be doing.

5. nuke

nuke Member

I don't like how the light tanks for each side have been limit so much they need about another 200 to 400 pounds add to them

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just 50 or 70 will suffice. :p

BTW reactive is now completely useless lol

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

ZOMG LT's don't raep everything! You Suck!

/sarcasm

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Beerdude26: yeah system looks like it was made for plain or composite only.

9. SabreWulf

SabreWulf Member

Well for me I cant get an APC with full armor plating with absorbent nor reflective. I also not able to get the standard duel nades or small chain guns.
    I have to compromise because of the new weight system.
    But I have noticed that some armor upgrades are a bit more stronger now in this RC20 release.
    So weight is now an issue with tanks and apcs we all cant get what we are a custom to building a prefect vehicle.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My opinion on the new vehicle weight system is to revert back to the RC19 and keep that way since that setup worked good for vehicles.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

This system is better, it forces you to choose for Anti-infantry or anti-tank/building.

11. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Also, since you can switch out weapons and armor on repair pads now, you're not completely stuck with your decision. I think the system needs a little tweaking, but the concept is excellent.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i gotta agree with this..

i did kinda find the starter tanks a little too weak.. but from meds to heavys everything seems good

13. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

yeah smaller vehicles could use some max weight boost maybe others too just need to find correct weight for each vehicle and that needs more testing

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

There was a bug with reverse that has been there since the beginning. You could only go 10% of total speed before. I've found it, and increased it to 40% of total speed (100% reverse is too ridiculous).

15. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

10%? :eek: wow i think id rather risk turning my unarmored back on enemy rather than being that slow
    but i agree 40% is ok since most tank gear-boxes only have 1 or 2gears for reverse

16. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Nice. The slow retreate always drove me crazy.

As for the armor Id say make it so that the LT and AFV has only enough weight to have all basic armor and weapons and if you want to upgrade to a chaingun drop some armor or upgrade to a lighter one. By the time you have better weapons you should have a better chasis anywayas they cant use them.

Unless there French lol

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  17. Silk

Silk Mapper

I don't get it :confused:

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

they run from battles

19. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

yep LT and AFV both need great weight boost but id say having to choose between full armor and cannon+mg or missiles+mg would be better

and yeah French tanks have 12reverse gears for quicks retreat and 2 for moving forward in case enemy would attack from behind:)

20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I would think that composite should allow for full armour under most scenarios, but have greater drawbacks, like suckiness. If I ever get to play empires again, I'll have a better clue as to what to say