Tom Clancy’s™ The Division™Closed™Beta™

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PredatoR[HUN], Jan 22, 2016.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

So yes, apparently there will be a closed beta™ of this game™ between Jan 29th and Jan 31st.
    I'm not terribly interested in it so I'm giving away my invite, just post in this thread if you want it.

Also discuss the game/get rid of your invites in this thread.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

The division looked kinda neat when I saw that e3 demonstration, but I'm not the biggest of fans of cover based shooting, at least when it's that press a button to hug wall nonsense. I do wonder how that whole open world thing works, I get the feeling it's going to looks like the secret world which wasn't bad, but that wasn't open pvp and I don't know how it works here.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I will honestly be amazed if this game lives up to everything promised. The scope for it is pretty spectacular but I've been burnt too many times to believe the hype.

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Negative Nellie incoming.

What was the problem with dedicated servers with an in-game server browser (ideally with Steam support)?

Also it's made by Ubisoft. Automatic 0/10.

5. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

uPlay, more like uDon'tPlay

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Open world games have generally been a let down for me. The plot seems to become a bit arbitrary (I think MGS suffered), I guess no-one really cares much about it anymore anyway. I always feel in free roam games that nothing I really do matters and I get bored, character progression always ends up just feeling like grinding.

I loved Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 & Rouge Spear. I'd love modern versions of those games. The Splinter Cells were a bit of fun and Vegas too but they were nothing spectacular.

I like the idea and I don't mind the cover mechanic too much (bit meh) but I get the feeling it will just be a shoot on-sight-fest the same way GTA is which will ruin it. I dunno, the gameplay videos I've seen are just 30 minutes of trailers with people voicing over, it does looks good but I think the actual experience is going to fall short of the mark.

7. Space_Oddity

If you get the current humble bundle you can get this game and also make sure you aren't giving a single penny to ubiwank.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

For only $75!

9. Lazybum

Well it does get you a bunch of other games and some 66% coupons for their other games.

10. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I plan on skipping this game and waiting for the sequel, Tom Clancy's The Multiplication

11. Space_Oddity

I was going to say '$75 to charity' but, unless it lets you pick and choose, half of that is going to a pro-military charity so fuck that. Pirate it.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

nah you can choose

13. Space_Oddity

You can pick the charity or just pick both charities over the producers?

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Open beta until 22nd. Pretty neat game 8/10.

15. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Haven't played it but read about it. Dark Zones seem pretty cool as a PvP mechanic.

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Put about two hours into it so far. Haven't properly tested the co-op part of it yet apart from doing one mission with some random players.

Weapons feel nice, loads of upgrade possibilities, character customisation looks promising, etc. I've been looking for a game with some persistence for a while, and I think this might be it.

I haven't encountered a single bug yet, which is surprising for a Ubisoft game.

17. Lazybum

Thing I'm kinda curious about is how fast combat is, as in how fast can you die if you mess up.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why dont download the open beta? its like idk i think it was smthg like 29gb, so 1-2h dling in the background.

it looks nice and runs well on my end (not unexpected).
    while the controlls seem thought out and the cover system works pretty intuitive, i miss the freedom to jump and crouch whereever i want (or am i just too dumb?)
    so far it was piss easy though and you get everything spoonfed by following fancy colored lines and flashing warning triangles over enemies that spotted you (before my first contact i went full ninja, after i ran sprinting in the open because you get pre-warning anway)

im parted, could be a pretty nice game, could also be boring fast.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016