Another Star Citizen thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Posthumous, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Metruption

Metruption Member

iirc wasn't minecraft also heavily inspired by Dwarf Fortress?

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I approve of this derail.

3. Metruption

Metruption Member

Dude we're just talking about Haven and Hearth here... and how Jorbtar killed it with a dumb p2p scheme.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I saw an album on Imgur about SC, and I'll be honest, that guy sold it much better than any of you except for CPatton. And his referral link wasn't hamfisted either.

5. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I'm not trying to sell anything, although I'll be honest that's essentially what I end up doing. I don't care if a person has no intention to play SC because they really wouldn't enjoy it... BUT when I ask them why they think they wouldn't enjoy it, it's often some drama caused by the crowd funding process, or rumors that the game is "never coming out", etc. Lol.

Look, I think it's going to be great, I'm going to keep talking about it simply because I think when people see the FPS content, when they see how the game actually looks and feels, 95% of those reasons go away and you are left with something where combat mechanics feel very similar to the vehicle and infantry combat of Empires and other first person shooters. I enjoyed Empires and this community, so I hope to play again with the lot of you nefarious scallywags.

Anyways I made a post on the brenodia forums, with the universe demos embedded. Assuming something like that drops at the end of the month, it's going to at least be more complete than Empires was back when BSID was beta testing the 1.08 release 9 years ago (Fucking Christ I am old). I do actually look forward to bug hunting here, for me it will be... nostalgic.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I haven't actually seen the new version of haven and hearth, but there wasn't any missions before. There wasn't any npc's either, everything was player generated. I think metruption is seeing the similarity there, star citizen is promising you can do whatever you want, make all kinds of crap, and most importantly do all kinds of shenanigans with other players like in eve or ultima or what have you. Haven is very similar in that regard. Everything else, yeah it's not the same at all.

As an aside awhile ago I decided to not look at anything sc related mostly so when it does eventually hit I can be wonderfully surprised by everything. Figuring out how stuff works is one of the greatest joys.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. complete_

complete_ lamer

lmao best new member 2015. he took the time to actually read the first post while i was too lazy to

my favorite games are the ones where you have to play forever to use the slightly better thing

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

oh god. Planetside was that way. Lame.

9. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Hey Everyone

Reminder we will be hosting a Star Citizen Q&A tmr at 2 pm Eastern. I hope to see everyone there and I will repost the Team speak address you will need team speak to attend

Shaggsplace.com
    Password: Dufus

Hope to see everyone there

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I upgraded my PC, I got Star Citizen.
    It's OK, I definitely want more but probably not worth playing until 3.0 which is probably a year away

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Same here.

I got SC literally a year ago but I was sitting with 4GB RAM(max my MB can go), literally couldn't start the game.

But won't have time after Feb.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I built this PC when BF3 came out, it's lasted well. I'm glad I upgraded, SC will definitely become my primary time sink & I am firmly aboard the hype train - but theres still loads of time before it resembles a game.

13. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Wait what. You're sitting on a 32 bit system? Someone give Security a hug and a new computer!

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

There are boards that support 64bit cpu but only 4gb ram I've a few in production at work.

15. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Yeah but why would you ever get one of those if you intend to game on it?

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I don't know, maybe people think differently 8 years ago.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Don't buy anything, steal it!
    Like stealing ships in Star Citizen. Break yo'self fool, gimme that spaceship sucka

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what happens when someone steals your 300€ ship?

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Insurance gives you a new one, though it's not instantly made. I mean you can always steal it back if your savvy enough, or hit the self destruct button and give them the middle finger, then claim a new one from insurance.

I've been wanting to actually play the universe a bit but this laptop lags wayyyyyyyy too badly in multiplayer. It works fine doing races or arena commander by myself though.

20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Ha, jokes on you, I have a lifetime insurance ship and haven't even touched the game once. I think I backed like $100 or something. I'll just continually lose my ship over and over and over again.