E3 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Jun 9, 2014.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Yeah, I didn't mean it doesn't look nice. I just meant the technical possibilities. From that point of view most of the stuff was already available and no big deal in other engines.
    Then again, most of the stuff that looks good is actually the work of the artists and not of the engine. The engine is just a tool, but everyone seems to hype it as if it would give you something cool looking at a button press. It just annoys me a little.

Anyway, looking forward to the the new Zelda. Although i really don't know, if I would buy a Wii U for that.
    And I was hoping for another first person Metroid. Nintendo, please bring Retro back and let them make another Metroid Prime! >.<

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Those videos were mostly throwing insults at her though, that's not how you disprove her.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

He does it in style. Anyone can disprove her by pointing out simple facts.

5. Z100000M

Not really no.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

What do you mean not really? I know that by our standards calling someone an idiot/retard is not offensive, but that's not wht the overall populace thinks.

7. Z100000M

But he didnt just insult without any grounds for that. There was both an insult and an explanaition why.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Lulwut. It seemed like a pretty harsh criticism. The video makes her out to look like a fool.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

I agree with that wholehearedly, but the cive you get from t he guy is that of utter disrespect and that is not how you win hearts and minds in a discussion.

EDIT: Shit's being flung everywhere now. http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/11/ac-op-ed/

10. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

This post is still kinda related to E3, but if you want to discuss feminism and that stuff, make another thread please.

11. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Pacman joins the battle!

So now Super Smash Bros. has Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man. I don't think there are any iconic characters from that time period missing anymore.

The new trailer for the game previously referred to as just 'X' actually makes me less excited about it.

12. ImSpartacus

I'm really impressed at how they keep adding quality characters. Good shit, good shit.

13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

This is the Empires forum and threads get derailed.

[​IMG]

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

15. Z100000M

Meh, to be honest ,I have little respect for stupid people myself, stupid and vocal i have none, so I dont really care if someone brings down the hammer like that.
    Its not like there is much of an discussion really. Not hurt in the brains will see that the whole gaming misoginy thing is a giant fucking overblowing of the problem. Stupid people will continue to harrass developers over stupid bullshit.

What seems to be going over the heads of many people is that people have preferences. Game design usually involves/ed some type of math knowledge, so no wonder there were lots more men in development, which knew what boys/men want and made shit that were to their tastes. Just because there is little games aimed a females (what would those be really? We got the building style games which seem to be popular across the board, and anything aimed specificly at girls will be shrugged of as "muh designated goals" or "stereotypic likes and dislikes".) doesnt mean that the developers hate women or think of them as lower beings.

tl;dr All i see is logical fallacies and people being dumb. Its okay to like something and dislike the other.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  16. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This video is a far better critique of anita sarkeesian.

And about the assasins creed thing, it's france in the 1700s, there were no black people, women still couldn't hold any meaningless jobs or had meaningful lives. Thirdly, developers always write what they know, and if a guy develops a video game, he's gonna make a guy character because he knows what guys are like.

So when are they going to announce captain falcon and falco.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

except for marie antoinette ;)

19. Z100000M

This.

It also seems that artists of any kind get shit upon when writing characters that are much like themselves. Sure, some of them might be jsut ego tripping, but the way i see it, they just write stuff they know about.

20. ImSpartacus

I could only watch the first few minutes of that. It's just so terribad.

I can't stand these videos that show little clips of a video and then rake said clips over the coals.

It's like when someone on a forum splits a quote into like 18 chunks so they are just whining about every. single. thing.

Call me feeble, but I just can't listen to an argument that's presented in that format. He's preaching to his choir. Literally no one else will bother listening to that drivel.