Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cpugeek, Oct 8, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol if they dropped the price of their console that would cause MORE shortages.

You see, I realized the other night, this works a lot like Scalpers the night when tickets are available for a show.

People camp out (people who I absolutely HATE), and basically 'take' all the Wiis away, because you can ask, and the employees will say "We have 13, and there are 14 people camped out."

Most of these people will then take the Wiis, and proceed to sell them on Ebay/Amazon Used/New or some other fashion or format. Thus, by taking all the Wiis away, they have raised the value, and by putting them online, they now control the price.

Scalpers buy all the tickets, leaving you with no options. This shit should be illegal.

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

:(

To be fair, though, most of the people in line with me were planning to keep them, not resell them.

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I hate the people that are 30-40, the parents of whiney kids on the 23rd of December who HAVE TO HAVE THE WII ON CHRISTMAS MORNING, but won't go out and camp for it themselves, so they make their parents.

When you can tell by LOOKING at someone they aren't going to play it ever, I hate those people. Lol, I don't mind if you camped out to play it ;p That's what I have to do now.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Somebody's bitter. So what prevents you from standing in line like everyone else and getting a Wii?

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

2 years ago Nintendo didn't define next gen gaming. All the other consoles define next gen by its power, the Wii introduces truly next gen game play.

Its amazing how people think a game could be crap but be fully photo realistic and still call it next gen...

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

My little brother got one for christmas, it's effing sweet now that we hooked it up to the internet and got the new channels. I'm definetly going to get one (though I might wait till they release the black one).

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Whoa there cowboys, like I said
    It may have been confusing since I left out the part that I tried to camp out before, at 4 diffrent places, but they were all filled with those people I would expect to only be thinking of the profits, not the fun they could have.

8. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I live in the Houston Area in Texas. I got my Wii from galveston, and there was 5 there ^_^. Now all I need are controllers.

btw Madden>Zelda

9. Simon

Simon Banned

Holy shit a guy in my res got one. We were going to go out friday.... Nope. Got wasted and played Wii for like 8 hours. So fun.

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well Galveston might not be a huge trip from Houston, but it is from Denton. And around here NO STORE HAS ONE. So der >.>

I'm arranging for someone to camp out with me next weekend, hopefully a new shipment will arrive then.

11. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

:eek:
    How dare you say a football game is better than Zelda!

sports genre < everything else.

I really don't like all these sports games that EA keeps making, it's pretty much the same damn thing every time, but maybe with new players or better graphics or something. woop-dee-f***ing-doo.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

Madden for the Wii is much different than other Madden games.

Madden <<<<<<<< Zelda

13. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I called a Best Buy today to see if they had a Wii, based off my friend saying they had some.

The guy answered like it was the 6,457th time someone had asked him. It was a resounding "...No sir, we don't have any." It probably was that many times...

14. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Retailers in Holland are contemplating wether to keep selling the Wii. Right now the demand is so high and the profit margin on each seperate Wii so low that they're losing money due to the manhours spent on answering phonecalls for availibility. Craaayzeeeey!

15. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol, why don't they just match the online marketer's price... $400+... (I have actually found a few under $400! What a steal!

16. Jn.

Jn. Member

I just played the Wii for the first time today, and it was so amazing, my friends and I never got past Wii sports to play any of the other games we had :D

17. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Super Smash Brothers Brawl... I look foward to smashing you online when it comes out ^_^.

What virtual console games do you want on the Wii? I want Contra, at least one Megaman on snes, and Ghosts and Goblins }XD

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'm hoping for some old SNES RPG's like Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Secret of Mana, and a translated version of Seiken Densetsu 3.

19. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I want Pokemon Snap.

That would be godly.

20. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Meh, I still can't find a Wii in stores. What's up with that?