2013 Q3+4 games.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Space_Oddity, May 24, 2013.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

GTA IV was awful. I found myself just using cheats to get weapons and massacre everyone because I got so bored of the storyline and all the shitty missions.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Is that how many I've got?

And yet, most of my hours are in empires, zps and tf2. Why do I even buy games?

3. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

[​IMG]

4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

The new GTA is all I care about, since San Andreas was the last good one in the series, this should prove to be good. (I fucking hope.) Pre-ordered it way back when.

Out side of that. Not expecting anything worth looking at from anyone. Arma III and DayZ standalone.

Edit: Doom IV, Quake VI. (comming out at about the same time as HL3) GOD DAMNIT JOHN CARMACK

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  5. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

[​IMG]

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

I'm looking forward to Planetary Annihilation late this year. Be good to have another RTS on the market that isn't SC2

7. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

No that's how many I've got.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Every single 3D GTA that wasn't GTAIV, fricken polygons made those games so damn eerie.

9. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

The fact that the graphics didn't bother me in GTA SA is a testament to how fucking good that game was. Truly a 10/10.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The game was amazing, but stretchy textures are pure nightmare fuel.

11. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Theres many things peasants can appreciate in GTA SA but not in GTA IV.

GTA IV had the best cars and the story wasn't bad. The gameplay is polished as fuck Melee fighting is great.

Play the game without auto aim and use Fps view in cars. Ride bikes in FPS between cars.

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Old horror games are the best ones.

Fucked up polygons is the best scare, all those seven co-op games I played modeled after horror games were some of the best.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

HOLY SHIT FUCK WHAT THE HELL IS THIS TWISTED ABOMINATION *ragequit*

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I am very much looking forward to reliving my late teens, on my sofa with a big chunk of hash and my bong to play GTA V all the way through without leaving the house once.

15. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Is there any improved multiplayer worth paying attention to?

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I have to agree on SA being the best in the series. Stats were kind of tedious, but getting them all just created a bond between CJ and player. I remember going in and out of the liquor store, just to shoot those bottles and crank that pistol skill.
    I can understand that it was wayy bigger and some left some people overwhelmed, but I just loved to just grab a Sanchez and explore the shit out of the state. I only recently got my legit GTA 4 to work, with cracks no less, and there are several things that just make my head shake in disbelief. Ragdolls made the game somewhat silly. I can understand what their tried to do, but enemies faceplanting themselves after i shoot them once in the arm is just bullshit. Same how riding a motorcycle in Liberty City is hazardous like joggin around with an american flag in Afghanistan. You are way too damn fragile in this game, moreso considering how terrible the cover system is. You take damage from everything, you can die when trying to bail out of the car. I had several situations where Nico rolled farther than the car went. One enemy can fuck you up if he gets up close. There is nothing to do with the money. NOTHING. Percantage based money reduction upon death is total balls and discourages what i always loved doing in any GTA game, fucking around doing random awesome shit. New police system is retarded. No bribes and you cant use the wanted clearing ability of Francis if there is anyone nearby. Good luck getting out of the half-island big 4 star search area. It is just such a cockblock for having fun in this game. Roman is an asshole but everyone knows that already. The game makes a big deal of organizer function, you know, the one you cant use to schedule meating at all. Tough luck getting through 2 islands in one hour. Normal people being able to call police when you do shit sounds ok on paper, but ends up as utter bullshit where you cannot fire a single pistol round without cops magically knowing where you are. Whats better is that cops sometimes intrude on story missions and considering they spawn indefinately with highly accurate and lethal weapons, they bone you hard. Whats better is that even if they get into a shootout with the mobsters, they deal no damage to them. At all. The most retarded of this comes into play where cops start shooting you... during a vigilante mission, you know, the ones that game said are sponsored by the fucking LCPD i the first place. I guess the fatboys (seriously, everyone is so grossly overweight in this game, its nausiating) are worried about their jobs. Just love how i once got killed by an officer that I wanted to help catch a running suspect.

So what good is in it anyway?
    Riding a bike on the train transit system.
    Riding a bike in the metro.
    Riding a fucking bike into a clucking bell.
    Riding an SUV into same CB.
    A wheelie that ends in you jumping 10 meters into the air, spinning around and landing, while hitting a random pedestrain with front tire in the face, killing him.
    Get your vehcle heavily damaged, proceed using said vehicle as a makeshit remote bomb on a goon squad.
    Jumping over a hidden highway, thnking it's a random passage behind this one hill.
    Jumping between the islands, failing a stunt because I hit the one and only tree in the area on the other side of the canal.
    Hit a tree during a stunt, geting stuck in it, doing 2 full swings on one of its branches. Stunt completed.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I see what you attempted there.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Even games that weren't meant to be scary were fantastically creepy simply because of bad graphics. For instance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look at those fucking shadows on this next one
    [​IMG]

Also the way lighting was handled on pre id-tech 4 was pretty nightmare inducing. The contrasting shadows were always very uncanny.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I would of used the new hl1 mod for an example.
    Cry of fear

These fuckers are scary when they are an inch from your face.
    [​IMG]

20. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

The driving 2 hour long thing. LEARN TO USE A FUCKING TAXI.

The motorcycles? you just can't drive them yet. I use first person too I will go faster then any car in the game I should really upload a video unhealthy hours playing on the speed bikes. It's the vehicle I use to most I play only for that.

Its not GTA 4 thats shit ITS NEW YORK THATS SHIT.