Emp Scripts

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by PreDominance, Jun 23, 2009.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I'm making some weapon scripts for EMP. Right now, I'm doing..

Single-Shot Carbine (100% accurate)
    Twin-Shot Machine Pistol
    Burst-Fire Rifles
    Burst-Fire SMG2

Well it's finished. Took awhile to figure everything out, but I'm glad I did. I love this, I've already gotten 100% more kills with ma machine pistol (EG: 1 kill :p).

Place in your STEAM folder. Extract. Add the line 'exec scripts' in your autoexec, or your infantry.cfg, or just type it whilst in-game.

I used pgdn (pagedown) to change the modes. You can modify it to your liking.

PGDN cycles 1 2 3 4 5
    PGUP cycles 5 4 3 2 1

File. Wewt.

*Edit
    If you want, you can do 2 things.
    A-, add bind KEY script5 so that when you hit that that key, it returns to normal fire.
    B-, Change mouse1 to a different key that you use for firing, or if you want to use a different key for this type of firing.

Paste that into your autoexec, and put in your two keys. Powers #1 are on the left, #2 on the right.

Working on a fire sensitivity thingy.
    Wewt, done.

When attacking, your sensitivity is lowered, supposedly making it easier to hit your target (you don't jerk your mouse around).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

and the point is?

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It's just an easier way of bursting/firing more accurately. It's not hard to do this already, but it's just a more controlled way of doing it.

Unless you mean why am I telling this on the forums, which is I'm going to be posting the scripts once they're done for anyone to use.

*Edit

I have all the times worked out. All I need to figure out is seeing if I can /cycle/ through them.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think you need to change the scripts in the actually empires scripts to get the carbine to single shot as you want it to.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

NOPE! GOT IT WORKING!

Working on making it a seperate cfg, sounds, etc.

<3 IT!!!

*Edit

Final testing. Done in ~ 5 mins ^.~

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It is done.

/me pats self on back

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

server doesnt check if your scripts are the same as his, just checks if what you did on your computer is possible with the servers scripts, so in theory you can make your weapon shoot slower

i think

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Then the servers must check this.
    If any script allows players to play better, then this is cheating.

9. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

It isn't. It's just using built-in game commands to control and make your firing rate more precise. Theoretically, this is perfectly possible to do without scripts. Scripts are /controlled/ though.

10. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

And what's the intention from this?
    Everyone who uses these scripts will do more kills?
    If this really is so, then everybody or nobody should use these scripts. Else we will just increase the gap between vets and new players.

11. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Some people MAY or MAY NOT find it easier to use these. The scripts can only do ONE THING per script, EG.

Load game.
    Hit pgdn once, your carbine now ALWAYS fires a SINGLE BULLET, not three, per mouse click, NO MATTER WHAT. You could hold it in and it still fire JUST ONE.
    Hit it twice (drip :3), you get a machine pistol that ALWAYS FIRES TWICE. You could hold in mouse1, but it will still fire twice.
    Hit it three times, and you get a rifle (BECAR/NFAR) that ALWAYS let's loose a burst of 4-5 shots. You click one, and you get 5 shots. It's the perfect control.
    Hit it FOUR times, and you get a 2-shot smg2. For longer ranges, I suppose. It ALWAYS fires two shots, etc.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Updated. You can now cycle forwards and backwards between the firing modes.

13. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Welcome to the scripting argument thread!

There are plugins that will lock down external scripting. However, it's been a long and nasty debate whether these are valid. After all, you can do some really fun things like the triple-jump script which makes bunny hopping easier (doesn't seem as big of an issue in Empires) or adjusting the firing rate of your weapons (like what is being done here). Another favorite is to instantly swap to a weapon and start firing ASAP with one keystroke.

While in theory correct application of such scripts will allow a player to score better, these scripts are highly dependent on the skill of the user. Only through proper use will there be a net gain. At the same time, these scripts are easy to make and come by usually and making them is well documented.

Some pro competitions allow in-game scripts (i.e. if you can do it in the console, it's legal) although there are some that ban them all outright. Of course, altering latency setting and replacing textures is always banned. Lag spikes to not get hit and making models extra visible is unfair.

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Yeah, I don't do anything with the models...that's gayer than I am. I try to only use the things I can make myself.

Also, I was able to script the scout-rifle to get off 4 of the fastshots. Yummy.

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Anyone use it? :x

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

now you are officially exploiting

17. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Huh? I can do that without the scripts easily. Ask Ounin, Pickled Heretic, anyone of the vets really.

Remember, you can ONLY script what you CAN DO IN GAME.

18. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Sorry, internet's cruddy at my new apartment, so I haven't been playing almost at all online except on weekends.

I'll try fiddling with it tonight on a private local server.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

scout rifle fast firing is exploiting, i know its a bad gun without it but thats how the devs intended it to be : /

now you automated the fast firing with a script, that's not just letting your toes cross the line for a second when no one is looking, that jumping over the line and throwing poop at everyone still being on the good side of the line

at least in MY opinion

20. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The script is a lot slower than what I do. NOT TO MENTION it works 50% of the time.