Dev Blogs II Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by @@@@Marcin@@@@, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

A little birdy tells me all infantry now take twice as much damage. That sounds pretty major (in terms of gameplay) if its true.

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

Sure enough!

But you can't take pictures of that can you ;)

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Guess that little birdy was suffering from down syndrome and encopresis (hence he shit all over your fucking coat). Weapons have actually been toned down in terms of rate of fire and somewhat in damage to allow for slightly longer (this means an increase of about 0.3 seconds in a one-on-one firefight) fights. The weapons have also been placed in clear "Close", "Close to Medium" and "Medium to Long" range combat roles to avoid issues such as pistol or smg2 sniping, and allow weapons that have fallen into disuse (such as the NF HR and BE pistol2) to receive an actual place in the game.

4. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Ahh good, good.

/me looks around for a rock to throw at the bird in question.

5. Doctor Mexinugget

Doctor Mexinugget Member

This doesn't actually sound good, if anything the guns don't do enough damage. Yeah thats right kids, bullets hurt you. Bad. The suposidly .50 cal heavy rifle can barely kill people as it is. I think rate of fire shouldn't be changed either. It makes little difference in most situations as you have to empty the whole clip to kill someone usualy.

Ugh! If anything SMGs and pistols need more damage and rate of fire.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

When ep3 is released... They god forbid use another engine.

7. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

They most likely will, they have for every previous release, why wouldn't they for the next one?

8. Jonat

Jonat Member

i dont think vehicle weaponry will be toned down, but we'll see. Maybe their armour will be?

9. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

2.2 Infantry weapons have been balanced over weeks with experienced players in repeated testing sessions, and when the developer who is in charge of balancing says they're balanced THEN THEY ARE FUCKING BALANCED.

10. Beerdude26

1) Better hit detection in Orange Box = lolwut extreme killing
    2) Clientside crosshairs were bugged; you're actually firing twice as accurate on the server.
    3) FUCK REALISM. We've got soldiers on biological crack and nanites. They can take twenty fucking anti-tank rounds for all I care.

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

sigged!

12. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

And now your sig breaks the signature rules even more!

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

*re-reads the rules*

Oops...

*goes to fix his sig*

Edit: I refuse to downsize it anymore! I can't do so without loss of content.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  14. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Biological crack and nanites. You made me lol, have a cookie.

Oh yeah and fuck realism, there are plenty of 'realistic' FPS out there. It's nice to have game were you have a split second during a firefight to think and change tactics if the odds are against you.

15. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

BUt you just posted a thread saying the Gren fails in combat... So you are saying, 50cal rifle, Smgs, pistols, and grenadier (so, mortar) are underpowered.

I take that to mean that the only things you consider balanced are Laezorbeam AR, scout rifle, mines, and melee?

16. Doctor Mexinugget

Doctor Mexinugget Member

Wrong, the gren thread was a test to hear what everyone would say if I said the gren should be realistic and carry a firearm. It obviously caused fits of nerd rage. To get back on topic, I do not take back my statement, "Guns kill people."

If you want balance so bad then how about instead of making it retardedly unrealistic to the point of people getting fed up with the game, you make all heavy rifle shots one hit kills and AR kills in 3-4. That would be way beter balance then shooting 2 clips full of ammo into someones chest and them not dying. What is this? Some kind of magical world where bullets don't kill people for some mystical reason? And no, realisim is not unfun. I think you'll find that people would prefer their guns doing damage to people in firefights to using high powered BB guns in firefights.

Look, all I'm saying is, the last thing the guns in this mod need is nerfing. They do hardly any damage as it is. You should know this too, I mean how damn long have we been playing this mod? I just don't see how you could reach such a conclusion after all this time, that guns need nerfing.

17. Doctor Mexinugget

Doctor Mexinugget Member

So are you saying that you don't like realistic shooters because you can't handle them? I'm not saying make the game all grainy and hardcore with too many explosions, I just want guns to kill people. I think thats plenty sensable.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Actually guns dont kill slower in 2.2 its just that you need to aim and place
    every bullet carefully. With other words, infantry rifle combat in empires needs skill now.

Have you played 2.2?
    No?
    So why do you act like you know everything?

It takes 3-4 shots in 2.2 to kill with an assault rifle
    In 2.12 the weapons are lasers with like zero recoil
    the client side spread doesnt show how the bullets
    actually fly.

19. Beerdude26

You're entitled to your opinion, but you'll only convince me if you can back it up with some decent facts. Start modding @ Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\Empires\scripts and present your genius design to the dev team

20. Silk

Silk Mapper

Not to offend you but that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. We already have instagib weapons. Even if you could make them more strong, why would we want to turn empires more into quake3 or unreal tournament? The goal was to encourage teamwork. If it is "enemy spotted, aim, shoot, kill" you don't need tactics, backup, teamwork, .... In fact you'd be spending 99% of your time in empires running around, and 1 % of the time waiting to spawn. Oh i forgot the part where you're fighting. Oh wait no i didn't.

Firefights in 2.2 have changed a lot. I'm sure many will need a while to adjust. I'm even sure some who are childish and stubbern try it for 1 minute, say "this sucks now" and leave empires. But those that stay will learn pretty quickly that as it is now, you have still very effective weapons eventhough that doesn't mean anymore that you can go solo to kill an en entire squad in half a second.

Firefights have been improved a lot, though it'll take a while before you can adjust to it. If you use the guns like in 2.1 you probably won't enjoy it as much as before, especially since those that do adjust will kick your ass all the time and no one likes to get owned. But after having used the new settings for a while, it's hard to go back to the old ones.

Same goes for the vehicles actually. I'm probably gonna spend some time in the vehicletraining map getting used to them. Everytime when i start playing 2.2 and i'm driving a tank i think "this sucks". Then later when the playtest is over and i go back to 2.1 i think "this sucks" and i want 2.2 to be released.

It's all just different. Unfortunately those playing empires since the first release, are the ones who will find it most difficult to adjust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.