Problem: Stackers

Discussion in 'General' started by KMFrog, Mar 9, 2008.

1. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

i lold. you seem awfuly forgetfull of the human factor, with it your inbalanced value is always >=50

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Then quite a few people leave the server.
    This idea could work, but Froggy wants the least amount of people to leave when the balancer turns on.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

So that plugin will make it a hell to play with like 1-2 of my friends? Crap.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

TBH, I think the idea lies between the monitor and the chair. For teamwork, you firstly need a TEAM. All the midgame autobalancing isn't going to fix a bunch of CSSers trying to headshot each other with the ranged rifle. The stats Evan was talking about will probably be handy to autobalance teams IN THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH.

To Evan: Also did I hear something about stats in non-comm maps not getting registered or something? Just a question

5. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Stats will work on all map types (though I'd rather there weren't any non-comm maps).

@Lord-DZ - The plugin will be optional

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

And whats with the fun?

Ive recently played a game on km with some pretty funny mic
    spammers that thought they know what to research and are
    better than other players.

I know them by their name so i avoid to be in the same team.
    But with a autobalance like the KM one im forced to play
    with them. That is everything else but fun. I have no
    problem beeing on the losing team, if they are players i
    want to play with.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  7. KMFrog

KMFrog Member

If someone is spamming or acting up you should report them (preferably with some kind of evidence - a demo is great) and they will get banned.

8. gezor

gezor Member

i think i know who u mean. i played with them too. and as nearly always, this goddamn mute function didnt work at all. i had to completly turn off voice communication.

personally i dont mind stacks anymore (damn, u can say that its a part of empires, nearly every game is stacked), except the non-stacked team is full noobs and retards, who have no idea whats going on and dont know what teamplay is. (especially those ress whores who sit in the vehicle factory all the time, waiting for ress to build a tank.) then it isnt fun at all to play.

9. Andariel

Andariel Member

just as a sidenote, how will basebitches be calculated? i know at least 1 player who likes to run around care for the refs while the rest of the team is nothing more then the dying frontline (aka me and my medium tank and the trusty mic to scream in "HALP", =low deaths mediocre kills and a crapton points, mostly up to the enemys top3 together)

the reason i wish for ff1 in emp

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  10. flatmush

flatmush Member

I fully support anti-stacking plugins, stacking is the no 1 reason for ruined games in empires (Lot's of skilled players seem to stack nf).

But I whenever I join the KM server my it takes ages for me to pick a team and spawn, up to a minute. My ping also shoots up from what it is in the server browser (30->50) to 150->250.

I don't know whether this plugin is to blame, but I'm assuming it doesn't help much.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Seeing how empires is not based on kills, deaths, and points per say, good luck with all this anti stacking stuff. Personally, I think they should just disable every button except for auto assign, but that's just me.

12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Is it the reason why Puppy never is online on KM Servers? :(

And if ranking system is included, will ''jumping on a mine to clear a path'' be included? :p

13. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Empires Achievements!

14. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Member

after thinking about it, stackers are unbalancing the teams, but in the opposite way.

I know none(hopefully) of us are stackers, and would have no problem losing with the team they started on, which is why I only consider stackers to be problems for the current winning team. They're extra targets, usually easy targets, and they often take out tanks that max out what the team can afford. Destroying them becomes easy and repetitive, and only causes the other team to lose more reinforcement tickets and resources on vehicles that get a single shot off before being obliterated.

I have no problem joining a losing team, as long as I know some of the players on there.

15. Reef

Reef Member

Guys. We would actually love to have more events, we even asked Krenzo to do it, he then asked what is exacly what we need, we said it, but he didn't reply till now. Regardless of more events being implemented or not, We can try using kills per death and kills per minute (the latter solves snipers that camp in their own base).

Metal Smith: Randomness is bad, it produces stacked teams by itself every 3-5 games (depends on a size of the server).

16. KMFrog

KMFrog Member

There was a 60 second "cool down" time for team changes so if you changed multiple times you would have to wait a minute. This time has now been reduced.

The plugin would not effect pings. The server is located in London, England - If you don't live in Europe its normal to have 100ms+ latency/ping times while connected.

17. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Lol, on the steamfriends server me and KnightTemplar were against a team of 6

18. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

[​IMG]

If you must solve stacking, dont remove my choice to which team I join. It's jsut annoying. If you must do something, use a combination squad ppm and personal ppm, modulated with a kpm versus infantry, vehicles, and buildings, as well as how many games won/lost.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

OMG its a scoreboard screenshot with me having nearly no points D: D: D:
    NOW YOU MUST DIE FOR DISHONORING ME !!!

20. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Did you win?