How 2.25 should be balanced

Discussion in 'Coding' started by dizzyone, Feb 22, 2010.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

exactly, the commander will remain local to his base since he is so slow

therefor he will not boomtank, or get out of his cv to build a ref while getting rifleman sniped and basically the game is lost by that 1 rifleman

the effect is just as powerful on both sides, so even if some refs dont get built, both sides will have the problem

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Oooh...soo....you're advocating having a permanent command building? That's what it seems like to me. All benefits of having a CV are gone, except that if a base is destroyed and your team can't save you, you can get really slowly to another base, because obviously the team that pwned your base can't move at sprint speed :confused:

No seriously, if you want boomtanking to be removed, make a command building instead. That's the right way to go.

3. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Or slow down the commander.

4. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

.....perhaps infantry sprint speed is too slow, but what I mean is for the Command Vehicle to be the slowest vehicle. Fast enough to move from base to base and outrun infantry, but not fast enough to boomtank or avoid enemy tanks without support. By making the CV a mobile spawnpoint, the Commander can still support the team and also be able to fall back and build some defenses quickly. Basically, instead of the CV's main defence being high health and excessive mobility, the CV always has teammate support.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I like the mobile spawn point but, not the slower then soldier sprint speed. I agree that it shouldn't outrun the slowest vehicle we have tho(even with scout speed).

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Aside from the spawnpoint idea, which i'm not sure I like, slowing the CV down to this extent, kinda takes away the use of a CV having to move. I mean...at that speed, all the CV is doing is being able to move to avoid ninjas, and that's it.

Is that the only reason you want the CV to be able to move? Because you've already knocked off building structures and boomtanking, which is pretty much all the CV movement is useful for. I'd rather not have boomtanking be overly viable, and on a perfect server i'd never have to build anything other than a camera, but...basically...

What do you want a CV to be able to move for?

It might be a better idea to have a command type building instead. That way, when the main base is destroyed, a slow CV doesn't have to take a fair while getting to the other base, and probably getting utterly pwned in the process, you can just spawn at the other base and enter the command building.

7. OuNin

OuNin Member

commander should be decided 20 seconds before players can spawn. in this time, he can choose special boomtank chassis for the CV among various boomtank chassis.

8. ViroMan

lmao @ ounin

<com> hmm... Team looks stacked against us... Think I want the ability to run like a scared little girl. {clicks on speed-tank}

Really if we are going to go that route have the ability to turn com into a building for extra bonus armor and something else.

Go with that com deploy idea from long ago. Com deploys and walls rise up on all 4 sides of the com that are not perfect. You can still walk between the walls to get to the com but they are taller then the com and give it 30% extra resists and you can't get anything under the tank or flip since it becomes a building. I would LOVE it if the walls deteriorated to show how much damage that side of the com has taken.

9. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I actually wrote a sort of design document deal on changing the rts to CnC style expansion, for it to work right (with the CV build radius allowing expansion) the CV would need to deploy. I still think that's the best idea. The problem isn't really that the comm can boomtank, the problem is that he is a one man fortress, he can boomtank and expand, without requiring teammates to do so.

AFAIK the idea is still on the table, it was never completely shot down. FalconX had objections against a few of the mechanics, but IIRC the whole thing was never shot down. So I guess if anyone wants to see a revision of the CV and RTS element you should bug the devs :P

10. ViroMan

dizz shoot us the details in another thread or something... im interested.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea seriously dizz, you cant expect to talk about things like that and not have people asking about more info

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Bring back construction yards and MCV's :p

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i actually like that idea ...

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Yes I wanted to post the full thing, but it used to be on trac, which was brought offline a while back. I'm waiting to see if I can get it back, if not I'll rewrite it in a little while.

15. Empty

Empty Member

I totally bags stealth tank.

16. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

17. ViroMan

You can have your stanks, I want the walking mammoth tank. The one with that green(blue?) lazor that destroys anything in its range. So what if it has a long recharge... the missiles on the mammoth own too... air and ground.

</subject derail>

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I was thinking Dune actually...but nvm lolz.

19. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I click over to the last page of the topic "How 2.25 should be balanced."

Accidentally scrolling to the bottom, the first post I see says this:

:eek: ZOMG GIANT SAND WORMS!1!!11!!

Empires is doomed. :cry:

20. vlamnire

vlamnire Member

I'll take a Chrono IFV plz