Soucemod Changes version 2.14

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Thexa4, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

The version to be released contains security patches that limit what the client accepts from the server. This can cause certain sourcemod plugins to stop working. Please test your plugins on the released beta and contact me if you have issues you cannot resolve.

2. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

In terms of my plugins. It prevents the autobind of the home menu, which is pretty handy to recycle walls and get unstuck etc. That is why I argued in the other thread if we could get a server menu key in the controls panel which could be default bound to home, which servers could decide what to do with. Or else just add a bind home "servermenu" to the config file.

I can understand blocking the bind clientcommand, you could attach malicious code to like the fire key. But could you add "chooseteam" and "+voicerecord" "-voicerecord" to the server_can_execute list?

Those are pretty much the only issues I have.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Why do you use the clientside chooseteam instead of serverside chooseteam function? I don't think we can allow the server to activate someones microphone without their input. What are you currently using it for?

I'll have to look into the side effects of adding such a default bind, what plugin(s) use this currently?

4. Mikleo

Mikleo Member

The "chooseteam" command doesn't actually select a players team ("jointeam" does that) , it just brings up the team selection GUI element. I mainly use it when I block a player from a joining a team so they don't need to repress the key to open the GUI panel again.

+voicerecord is pretty much required for squad voice and comm voice. As far as I'm aware there has never been any real issue with this in the past and it is extremely unlikely there would be any issue in the future.

squadcontrol uses the autobind, currently it binds to "sm_hashmenu" but I could change that to whatever command e.g. "servermenu" or whatever.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017