Empires in game Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BigTeef, May 25, 2017.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Holds information on all lore, building information, game mechanics, research broken down and explained. Ect.
    http://imgur.com/a/k4mA2
    Make it a button in the escape menu people can peruse during matches or before.

The research menu already has a lot of flavor text you can just copy and paste. Vulcan made a tech tree you can view on the wiki. I would grab each hexagon and put shit under it explaining what it does. The current stats on it that change from patch to patch.

You can also put all that lore and world building people love about empires, personally I don't care about that shit until the game is in a finished state. Gameplay before story in my opinion.

Honestly suprised we don't have an ingame tutorial yet, but from my understanding thats a bitch to put in. So I suggest this instead. An ingame book featuring all the information people need to understand something.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

If we ever build this it will most likely use the data on the Empires Wiki. So if you want to see this happening, register an account and help us get those pages up to date!

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

What is currently missing anyway?
    The games development goes at a snails pace so almost everything is up to date anyway.

4. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

There is a lot of information available on the forums and steam guides that isn't available / up to date on the wiki. I made a shortlist of some of those things a while ago: https://forums.empiresmod.com/index.php?threads/wiki-editing.20901/

Thanks to X there are descriptions of some of the Maps but we're missing a few. Most of the apendixes are not up to date / have outdated graphics:
    If you have a lot of time left it'd be great if the information about mapping that's currently hidden in the history of some of the forums could be placed on the wiki as well.

There are probably a lot more pages that I missed but if you click on the links in the main menu you should be able to find something that could use some polishing.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I suggest looking at Wurm Online/Unlimited in terms of how to integrate a wiki into the game. They have it down.

6. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I only added some basic informations on the maps that are on my server, I wouldn't call it complete.