X3: Terran Conflict

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Castrol GTX, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Anyone have it? Is it worth $20? It's half off now so I wanna act fast, but I'm super frugal and always scared of not liking a game I buy.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes and yes, however you could quite possibly hate it, it's hard to get into and has a crappy interface, but offers unique gameplay which I have yet to encounter in other games.

Using mods you can turn it into something like an space FPS/economic management/rts game with a huge amount of depth, or you can just blast pirates in a fighter if you want, up to you.

If you can figure out how to actually play it, I'd be amazed if there isn't some permutation of the game you don't find enjoyable.

3. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

That game boggles the mind.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its made of sex and gold, only you cant really eat sex and gold and the manual isnt really a manual, it is like the introduction to a manual that still needs to be written/is on unofficial sites

if you like hard and challenging games...

GO BUY IT

it has some buggyness though, but all of them are neglectable

5. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

main plot missions can make you brake your keyboard, crush mouse, kick display and use PC as a butt.

It's a great game tho.

Manual have one important thing: "Wellcome to X3: Terran Conflict. Say bye to your social life and/or sleep" It's true. First day i got it, i noticed it's 8 in the morning only because sun was shining right on my display.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

haha so true, emp_break_2 and some other stuff i had to finish urgently last week could have been done already if i didnt buy x3Terran conflict

7. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I have X3, but I'm now just starting to get into it...after buying it several months ago :<

But now that I have figured some things out...oh joy ^_^

8. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

shame M2's ruin the fun a bit

9. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Cool. I bought red orchestra after what some people on here were saying about it, and I love that game.