Do you want G-Loc?

Discussion in 'General' started by halbalbador, Jul 26, 2006.

?

Should Empires have G-loc?

1. Yes, its would add depth/strategy

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. No, its too complicated/unrealistic

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

Do not discuss G-LOC here, that belongs in the other thread. Rather, here simply vote on whether or not you would like to see G-LOC in aircraft.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I can see it maybe being too complicated, but g-loc is anything but unrealistic.

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Yes, that's stupid answer.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I'm simply afraid it's a bit too gimmicky, or at least that it would come across as such. There really aren't any similar effects in Empires, and it's going to stick out like a sore thumb. If you really intend to go through with this, Krenzo, you're going to have to be very careful about how it is implemented.

Come to think of it, why are we trying to make it easier for someone to crash?

5. 2TM

2TM Banned

Thanks Halbalbador for the poll :)

6. Jn.

Jn. Member

I don't think there are any effects like this because it's an effect solely attributed to aircraft. I don't think we're trying to make it easier to crash, just some sort of incentive to pilot semi-decently and think about what your next move will be instead of doing a thousand barrel rolls at once.

7. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

I'm missing an option:
    No, it's too realistic.

I mean, it is still just a game. It should be fun, not realistic if it then makes no fun. And g-loc when flying is no fun...

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Didn't anyone play aircraft in BF2 and see that having so few limitations made them way too powerful? Do you really want aircraft to dominate the whole level like BF2?

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I couldn't actually grasp the controls of aircraft in BF2, so I just drove some tanks and shot people. I think BF2 isn't that great, but that isn't for this section. It did seem that when people did fly in BF2, it was hard to get them out of the air before they destroyed your team.

I think Blackouts would be a pretty cool addition. It would add a lot of depth and realism to the game and it would mean that to cause destruction in-game, you need to know what you're doing.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

As we see people want blackouts/redouts. IMHO you shouldn't be able to have them in a transport airplane. Or at least it should be hard to do.

While blackout/redout shouldn't be hard to write it would be fun to have as many airplanes functional as early as possible.

11. Darg

Darg Member

Well as long as they are implemented realistically in that you need to achieve a certain degree of acceleration before they occur then I can see them being hard to achieve in a slow not very maneuvreable craft like I imagine the heavier bombers and transports to be.

Attack fighters though should suffer from this as they are the ones that would dominate the battlefield. I agree that BF2 would have been better if they had implemented this. I got killed so many times by noobs that only knew how to fly jets and nothing else.

Take Off, Bomb, Fly Over and Re-Arm, Bomb, Repeat...

12. Revolver

Revolver Member

I trust in Krenzo. And hope for aircraft soon before I voice any opinions of aircraft. Most experienced, most realistic. The game is excellent thus far.