Squad Leading and Orders

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Avatarix, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Avatarix

Since we have squad organization and squad leaders are given powers and orders why not exploit it even more? The organization scheme is pretty short (COMM - SQL - PLAYER) and taking some pressure off COMM could make them play it more often? We can talk about what would it change all day, but here I am trying to suggestions how would we do that.

1. Ability to give more orders at the same time
    Commander or squad leader could give players up to 3 orders (in a queue or simultaneously) and an ability to clear them faster. Players would see more lines leading to different objectives and maybe it would get a little more confusing, but would give them more directions on what to do in this game.

2. More colours and/or thicker lines for orders
    In my opinion order markers are pretty small, not thick enough and hard to notice on different buildings and maps. For now we have red for attack, green for defend and move (maybe move could get another colour like dark blue or violet?) orange for spotted targets (also hexagon and triangle for targets).

3. Squad menu to commander interface
    Since comm has to leave commander interface to open squad menu and promote people/demote would it be possible to even add this?
    AND many commanders i have met didn't even know about this feature so wouldn't adding some tip somewhere do any bad?

4. Squad voice chat
    As suggested before, what is Dev's stance on this? Since people speculated how to make it work, could it be possible to add it?

5. Additional points for completing orders
    Rewarding closer cooperation doesn't sound that bad for me, and would encourage people to do what squad leaders told them to do:
    1 point for completing two orders (destroy target, guard object for 1min, build the building, destroy enemy building etc etc.)

6. Scout binoculars bonuses to damage
    Marked targets would receive max 5% damage from the whole squad (might be OP but number doesn't look that big for me)

7. Making use of unused orders
    We got a whole lotta of empty shortcuts for Fmenu
    https://wiki.empiresmod.com/Tips
    Code:
    1 PLAYER_SPECIFIC_FRIENDLY (if a friendly is under your crosshairs)
        0 "Guard this unit"
        1 Resupply (Guard diamond, no sound)
        3 Repair/heal (Guard diamond, no sound)
    2 PLAYER_SPECIFIC_ENEMY (if an enemy is under your crosshairs)
        0 "Spotted ..."
        1 "Requesting anti-emplacement/armor support"
        3 "Attack this target" (was Grenade attack)
        4 "Attack this target"
    3 PLAYER_SPECIFIC_GROUND (if something neutral is under your crosshairs)
        0 Does nothing (was Move)
        1 "Move to this location" (was Build)
        2 "Move to this location"
        3 "Attack this location" (was Grenade/mine)
        4 "Move to this location" (was Dig-in)
    4 PLAYER_GLOBAL
        0 "Area secure"
        4 "Area is not secure"
    5 PLAYER_LOCAL
        0 "Move up"
        1 "Take cover"
        2 Taunt
        3 "Cover fire"
        4 "Pull back"
    6 PLAYER_SQUAD
        0 invite to squad command (must have clicked on player, local player must be in squad)
        0 request to join squad command (if local player is not in squad and clicked on player is in a squad)
        1 do squad leader power #1 (if you are a squad leader)
        2 vote the commander out
        3 do squad leader power #2 (if you are a squad leader)
        4 force leave squad command (if squad leader and clicked player are in same squad)
        4 leave squad (if no one clicked on and local player is in a squad)
    7 PLAYER_GLOBAL_SUPPORT
        0 Request air support
        1 Request artillery support
        2 Request armor support
        3 Request infantry support
        4 Request transport
    8 PLAYER_GLOBAL_SUPPLIES
        1 Request ammo
        3 Request healing/repairs
        4 Request an engineer
    9 PLAYER_ACK
        0 Confirm order
        1 "Negative"
        3 "Roger"
        4 Deny/Cancel order

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Spike likes this.
  2. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Very nice avatrix there is a lack of good leaders to take charge of squad in empires witch sadness me and i mainly have to end up doing it. We really need people with microphones to take the initiative and give there squad more direction.

I think alot of people in empires have the ability to lead in empires they just lack the confidence.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

in reallife you dont have order makers that follow your enemies. not 3, not even one.

4. Avatarix

@flasche do you have anything to contribute or do you want to boast how much did my "argument" trigger you in another post?
    this thread has nothing to do with real life and is about an video game and possible changes to it, if you want to add markers in real life battlefield please make VR googles of some sort