[2.41] Engineer second camera / turret bug not fixed

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by wealthysoup, Feb 12, 2013.

1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

On the pug tonight we got second turret/cameras/walls at really low points. Might be worth fixing the rank bug first then testing to see if this bug still exists.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm kind of lost. What's the exact problem now?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

apparently you cant get your second turret or more than 30 walls and you get your second turret and walls really quick

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

More precisely, you can get them once you have earned 4 points. I feel like this is tied to how the game fires off the promotion message with every point earned.

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

But its possible that it could be related to this bug: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=17386

Depending how it works it may be counting the number of times "you have been promoted" rather than your actual number of points. (Since you get the promotion message everytime you level up its possible that can be affecting it)

Ofcourse it might not be related and I could be completely wrong. (I dont think its a bad place to start though)

7. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

ya its basically instant double camera and double turrets for engys currently

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah ok, I'm fairly sure that if you're getting a promotion on every single rank then it's tied to ranks. Fixing that problem will probably fix the turret problem.

One thing: Should engy get double camera/turret at 40 points, or 60? Given that the 4th skill now unlocks at 60. I don't really mind either way but seeing as you guys are putting the effort into helping us track this issue down, I don't mind you all having the decision on this between you. That is, anyone using the bug forum and who turns up to tests.

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'd personally prefer to keep it at 40. The kill-assist feature doesn't help engineers gain points nearly as much as it helps grenadiers and rifleman and I've always felt that the second turret really is important for engineers to be able to keep up with the increase in numbers of tanks as the game drags on. It's especially important during the critical time where there's enough vehicles to warrant using missile turrets, but there's still too many infantry to not have a machine gun turret up.

10. BroT

BroT Member

^ Pretty much this ^

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I was thinking 60 myself because it was clearer when you would unlock the 2nd turret. Candles justification however is pretty watertight. I will also agree on 40.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Just as long as getting walls scaled up like it did before. You would get extra walls with each level you gained.