Griefer on EPIC Server

Discussion in 'Support' started by ImSpartacus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I would normally put this on EPIC's site, but the fucking account activation isn't sending my email and I need to go do shit.

"Tonini-Urfin Juice" hopped in the BECV on Slaughter. We started to FSspace him and he even asked us to help get him out of the CV. Then the CV magically ended up in the water.

You can find his SteamID below along with everyone else who was there. If he gets caught doing this shit again, he should probably be banned or something.

Code:
    # 427 "-₪EPIC₪- Fooshi" STEAM_0:0:17943779 58:32 93 0 active
    # 389 "fun 2013" STEAM_0:0:9782669  2:51:12 145 2 active
    # 428 "Bedrock" STEAM_0:0:35656128 57:29 199 0 active
    # 453 "Brutepena" STEAM_0:1:12872595 12:40 136 0 active
    # 447 "Hunkii" STEAM_0:1:19489062 22:55 100 0 active
    # 430 "DZEEx" STEAM_0:0:31667325 55:54 100 0 active
    # 451 "[»E«] Contrix *CZ*" STEAM_0:1:25617176 16:25 111 0 active
    # 434 "Hermano" STEAM_0:0:25926589 50:41 85 0 active
    # 435 "SPAAAARTAAAA!!!!" STEAM_0:1:39535293 49:06 163 0 active
    # 418 ": ][CW][ : Silk" STEAM_0:1:131075  1:46:03 85 0 active
    # 454 "Tonini-Urfin Juice" STEAM_0:1:39827252 11:26 178 0 active
    # 457 "Wulven" STEAM_0:0:4173390 06:11 90 0 active
    # 439 "Setsuna F. Seiei" STEAM_0:0:50793794 38:21 351 0 active
    # 440 "Emp_Terminator" STEAM_0:1:2298407 37:56 146 0 active
    # 441 "Fuck you thunder :)_(UK)" STEAM_0:1:29122693 35:02 87 0 active
    # 456 "‡|JPL|‡  Nostalgic Nonsense" STEAM_0:1:23500094 07:54 193 0 active
    # 458 "=[BSID]= Iml33t" STEAM_0:1:13622042 04:43 176 0 active

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

who cares chill out

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Spartacus, bump this again after my post, and I'll get it sorted. Sorry about the EPIC forums, I'll get Cyberkiller or ukgamer to have a look at them tomorrow.

Are you sure it wasn't a new player though?

4. ImSpartacus

I'm not sure at all. I wouldn't take any action from this single incident. But if it happens again and it's a guy with the same id, then the hammer needs to be swung, permanently or otherwise.

A lot of trolls pose as noobs so they don't get banned when they grief the cv or whatever. This guy probably isn't one of those people, but if he is, he should be banned.

Edit, the epic forum might be working properly and I just typoed my email because I was hurrying to finish. I'm visiting relatives far from home today.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Different guy - but more severe case - just newbie crap.
    I do think there are guys who load this game - don't know a single thing about how to play and become what we call "Griefers". I had a newbie stalk the COM vehicle the whole game - shooting it with a pistol every time I was in it and jumping in it every time I got out. I ended up walling it in, and spent the whole game telling him to stop. Get his own vehicle - total silence until finally he got the COM vehicle out and drove it into the enemy camp. We would have lost anyway since I had to spend all my time on that jerk. But his final words after he realized he screwed up was "I am new - I am sorry". Sometimes a guy that looks like a total jerk can just be a newbie. Try to educate and get more better players. I think it takes a newbie one time to jump in the COM vehicle for him to realize he is not able to handle it and needs alot more training.
    My two cents.

Also the delta between vets, wanna be vets, and newbies is huge. I'm still a wannabee, but can see how vets are always making the right choices for every incident but normally are wildly skilled at a few things. We need more mentoring from you guys who have been here for five+ years.

PS: I'm playing like shit this week - I blame the flu. ;) Next week I'll have a different excuse.
    Vinnie

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. ImSpartacus

Yeah, so there's no reason to let them get away with it twice.

7. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Ya maybe there should be a vote to tag someone who is being an idiot to ban him from taking ANY vehicle for X number of games. :)

Vinnie

8. ImSpartacus

Or at least a server script that lets you vote for noobs that have griefed. Server owners can see if a single player gets like three or four separate successful votes and act accordingly.

But it would probably get abused. I would probably vote for paradox every time I see him. <3

9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

One easy thing to do would be to lower the amount of votes needed for f s space.

10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I've kept an eye on him for a few games when I saw this post. I could tell that he was just newbie and most probably didn't know better. He was playing with his friend, the "SPAAAARTAAAA!!!" guy and they worked togheter pretty impressively but they lacked the know how to be effective.

I doubt this will happen again.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Anyone who is stalking there own teams com even though a legit com tells them to F'off is a griefer.

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I see the PR offensive is working and some new victims were found to be abused by the emp community. Lots of bans, flames and stacks are awaiting them. Like in the good old times.

13. Paradox

I am dissapoint in you. Had high expectations

14. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Just tested the email system it works but it doesn't arrive for about 4 minutes...
    I will look into speeding it up. Also I have manually activated your forum account so you should be able to log into it now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Why are we still having to babysit the com vehicle after all of these updates this problem should of been fixed years ago. With new people wanting to play Empires this is not gonna stop.

There needs to be a way to lock the Com vehicle to the commander voted in on the first vote, and if the team has an issue with the commander there should be a mutiny button that announces to the team mutiny against the commander in bold letters, and outlines a clear yes, or no vote. That may be simplistic but it would resolve alot of griefing issues, or new players joyriding in the com

16. Paradox

More Active Admins And Shit Is Solved!!
    Get Admins Who Arent Epic And Do Care

17. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Or ban paradox.

18. ImSpartacus

[​IMG]

19. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I couldn't find anything wrong with epic server's email system, maybe they got sucked into your spam folder or something.
    Also sometimes emails take a few minutes. I might disable email activation if any more people find it too annoying.

20. ImSpartacus

Yeah, it was spam. My bad. I'm used to Gmail's spam filter not sucking, so I don't check the simplest troubleshooting step of all.