why was my clan's thread locked?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FN198, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Will this epic clash of the titants end with a knockout or will the judges have to decide who will receive the spoils of victory and who will have to bear the shameful loss

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

ad hominem FTW!

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

And you would never scrim him anyways, although your third point speaks truth, Soviet Consortium was just Consortium's scrim team and it only has 2 members, WalmartGreeter and Catch-22, but they can't be online at the same time. Now if you guys are real men you would duke it out in Battlegrounds 2 on the map bg_sqr2, melee only. Or be extreme gentlemen and have a line battle.

edit: Oh damn the TRR clan has this Risk thing going on, who needs empires.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I'm not making an ad hominem argument as I'm not suggesting that your opinion is void due to your own flaws. I'm merely saying you are a hypocrite so your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. :p

That's not true.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sovietconsortium

Most of these gentlemen were recruited within the same day it was created. I also made an agreement with BSID. I probably won't go further because I'll be busy once the school semester starts. Sure, I can get a quick group ready and rape any clan, but I don't have the time to lead. If there is a suitable leader that wants to grow his/her clan, I'm willing to help out. But look at the track record:

420 with Saunders...
    EXE with Delete...
    Consortium with FN...
    MEG with Evan Jr...

These people are not leaders. They are mediocre players with a delusion. There was also BSID but that was a different situation ;)

5. FN198

FN198 Member

you're the delusional one. you can't do anything without riding on the momentum or charisma of others

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It was made in February 14 2011, you set it up as Consortium's scrim team.

Half of the people in the steam group don't even play empires, and for the ones who do I doubt they actually acknowledge they are in Soviet Consortium. Oh and hexi is clinically retarded so your "clan's" reputation is in the negatives just for having him. Now if you actually have 5 or 8 people wearing the tags and playing empires then you'll be respected as a clan leader, not a public speaker. This goes to FN too, because his clan is as fictitious as yours. Why don't you both team up and name your clan Walmart Grand Financial Legion, WMGFN, hell bent on making people pay up in either bills or knee caps.

7. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Flawed Leadership system.

8. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

That was just a cover. But you wouldn't know this. Most of the existing members joined when Soviet Consortium finally became independent.

They all play Empires. But some rarely do, but most of the Empires community, ironically, rarely plays Empires anyway.

I agree. Most of them would just want to scrim with whomever if it is a good group of players. From that last statement, you clearly didn't read my previous post. I haven't bothered cultivating Soviet Consortium because A.) I don't have the time B.) There is no competition. Trickster has stated repeatedly that he doesn't want to scrim until after this "upcoming" patch. If you read our steam group's announcement, a scrim was cancelled because of that. I won't bother telling people to wear tags because it would have no purpose.

Also, Hexi is far better than you, which is why you weren't invited. Just saying.

I agree with the momentum part. I just make sure that conservation of momentum stays in place. None of those clans (excluding MEG as Catch-22 was always just a grunt) would have got as far as did without me.

As for charisma, do you really want to associate yourself with Saunders, Delete, and Evan Jr.? I'll agree that you all have the same level of charisma.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  9. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Aint that the truth.

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

RAGE ftw

11. ImSpartacus

"an attempt to negate the truth of a claim by pointing out a negative characteristic or belief of the person supporting it" -Wikipedia

Either my sarcasm detector needs calibrated or you just defined ad hominem, then demonstrated it.

Although, I'm still not sure exactly what the "truth" is that's being negated. Perhaps FN and WMG really have a thing going...

[​IMG]

EDIT Just read some of the posts that are actually on subject. You guys take this shit way too seriously. This forum needs more love, even if it'd be mostly of the gay variety...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  12. FN198

FN198 Member

if there's one thing that saunders, delete, evan jr and i could agree on, it would be that you're the wretched parasite of this community and ought to be banned.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Walmart, grab your nearest virtual glove and smack the challenge out of FN for a scrim. Even if it was just a 1v1 if you beat FN then all of empires agrees to acknowledge Soviet Consortium as an independent clan who want to eradicate all traces of FN's neo-fascism. If FN wins, we will acknowledge FrieNDS as a re-revival of FN's Project Mayhem, and it shall be forever known as Consortium the Third, with FN as the fascist leader, who instructs his minions to eradicate all fun in a game by stacking on the same team and by recruiting members of other clans and all the good players, then claiming it is the best clan since they win scrims by default due to the absence of other clans. Woohoo go above and beyond.

If you do challenge FN you have to make sure you have nothing else important, because even if it's your grandmother's funeral the simple fact you were unable to turn up will boost FN's ego by 2300%, and when FN's ego approaches critical mass empires instantly becomes even more retarded.

He raises a valid point, you live in a host (clan) then you bring about its fuckstruction and then attempt to herd the clanless to a new clan.

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Pointing out one's hypocrisy =/= ad hominem attack. Nice Try.

It's funny that you speak for them so well. Because last I remembered, I am actually still cool with saunders (talked to him a while back), delete (play APB:R with), and evan jr. (kinda looked up to me). I know for a fact that delete thinks you are a parasite to the community. I bet if you use your charisma, you can get them on your side :p

.... Whatever.

I never attempted to "herd" anyone from 420, EXE, BSID, or MEG. If you consider me inviting consortium members under new leadership because the existing leadership pleaded with me to do so, then you would be correct.

From what I can recall, you are notorious for killing clans that you join. You even had an argument with Empty that you had killed more clans than him. Oh course, I couldn't point out the hypocrisy cuz that would be an ad hominem :rolleyes:

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

shut up and fight already!

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no biting, scratching and pulling hair!

17. ImSpartacus

I (gently) mock personal insults in my sig, and I mock this thread's bitch-slapping session "argument".

Those activities obviously form a contradiction, therefore I am a hypocrite.

Ergo, being a hypicrite voids all truths containd in my posts.

Errr, QED? Uhhhh...

<3

[​IMG]

Rules? Bah!

I want blood!

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

well he didn't say they couldn't beat people so bad they bleed, or stabbing...

19. ImSpartacus

Errr, I want bloody... hair?

Don't question me!

20. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Where did I ever suggest that your opinions were voided because you were a hypocrite? I just called you a hypocrite. Your opinions are just your opinions.

Btw, are you "mocking" this thread's bitch-slapping session "argument", only to be part of this thread's bitch-slapping session "argument"? I guess you are just a bag of hypocrisy.

[​IMG]

I am watching the Giants rock the wild card game so I want a football-theme.