Cod Mw3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Actually, while I didn't find the campaign "spectacular", it was still fairly enjoyable, played on Hardened, some challenge there at least. When I started continuing from a play session before I ended up completely, somewhat disappointed though with the story in whole.

Multiplayer has horrible lag atm for PS3, I doubt it will be worked on but it's looking to be another Black Ops so far. Although it hasn't really put me off playing too much, considering I'm around level 70 with a 2.8ish K/D.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I couldn't agree more, coming from bf3(even on console) to mw3 made it look incredibly dated! Reminded me of playing golden eye again or counter strike.. Just shocking that the graphics which I use to be impressed by are so ugly now..

And yeah, this version is completely lacking the draw and addiction every previous one has had.. Also I cant turn off the music and corny voice overs! :mad:

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Well there is that. Cod4's soundtrack was good, and MW2's was unbelievable, Hans Zimmer is a fucking master. I've just played some more of the single player tonight, and it's getting a bit better, but I was really disappointed when what looked like it was going to be a lengthy stealthy mission in Prague, just opens up into yet another fucking gunfight. Everyone loves the Chernobyl mission from CoD4, and they did a pair of really nice stealth missions in a snow environment in MW2, both at the start of the game, and much later on. But I still haven't gotten my fix for that yet.

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I think they tried to make MW3 too big, what with missions in every major city in the west. I would've preferred COD4's low key missions more, where you're almost alone fighting these guys.

5. Trickster

Yeah I have to agree there too. Fighting in the back-end of Russia behind enemy lines felt really nice in CoD4.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

CoD 4 was good because it was different, it did for the CoD style game what halo did for the arcade shooter, it was good because it was similar to the established ideas, but broke the formula a bit.

MW2 on the other hand, and black ops, was just an attempt to copy the CoD4 format, and so it wasn't as good. I don't see the point in buying MW3 as I don't have any reason to expect them to change from the 'copy previous format' approach.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

[​IMG]
    nuf said.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

fus ro dah???

9. Z100000M

Its a skyrim inside joke.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

COD players make the empires community seem like the nobel peace prize committee. I can't believe how many cool and mature ppl I have met in BF3 compared to how many annoying fucks i've muted in COD.. I am going to return COD today and perhaps get golden eye reloaded or skyrim.

11. Z100000M

Skyrim?
    Are you still running on your 640x480 max empires rig?

edit: xbox360, im a retard ,move along

12. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Fuck that get Saints Row The Third. It's the best game ever!

13. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Dubee's opinion of what's cool and mature is a joke.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Your moms a joke

15. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

+1 approval

16. Trickster

So, at the end of CoD4, Gaz died, and I was fucking gutted. Like, the most gutted I've ever been about someone dying in a film or videogame.

In MW2, Ghost died (who happened to have the same voice as Gaz), and I was pretty gutted, arguably the 2nd most gutted I've been.

In MW3, a huge main character dies, one that has been in the series since it started. I won't give it away, but it's a big main character.
    And I felt nothing. For some reason, it just didn't have that same impact. It didn't have that surprise, that twist, it just sort of happened, and you could pretty much see it coming.

Pretty disappointed. So far the campaign has picked up a bit but they fucked up with killing off the main character, there are infinitely more spectacular and emotion prompting ways to do it, and this was just boring.

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

As dull as the Bad Company 2 campaign was, you WILL love the characters. I've never played a game with such likeable characters in my entire life.

18. Z100000M

The most gutted about gaz? Really?
    It was a baww moment, but nothing to cry about.
    On the other hand, i too didnt give two shits when soap died.
    Characters? They are bland, to no suprise, its a damn fps. Fooshie fails to make a funny sarcasm anyway.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. Trickster

Gaz was such a fucking bro, how can you not be gutted. He was my homie.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I nearly cried when the pilot got blown up.