weapon accuracy

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pickled_heretic, Jun 30, 2010.

?

Weapon accuracy?

1. Weapons are too accurate.

10.4%
  2. Weapons are too inaccurate.

35.4%
  3. Weapons are just right!

25.0%
  4. I'm a huge faggot, please rape my face

29.2%
  1. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

In your opinion, is infantry weapon accuracy in general too high, too low, or just right? You can answer the poll and leave a descriptor here if you feel, for instance, that one weapon stands out in some way.

2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I like to think I add something constructive to the suggestion forums

3. Empty

Empty Member

i cant hit shit with shit except the BECAR and 50cal.

4. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

This is probably one of the most balanced versions I've played so far, I don't see any excess use of the carbine any more, or any other weapon for that matter.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Every weapon works pretty well with full auto, I would like to see bursts used for more effective kills.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I voted not accurate enough but thats because i liked the fast kills in 2.12 much more

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  7. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i dont think SMG should be able to hit someone 600meters away.. even if its for only 10 damage. more often than not, one can hit someone the first shot out of a burst from a SMG who is across a lake (slaughter) and etc etc. leave long range kills to rifleman and "scouts". personally, i dont think engineers are suppose to snipe people or be pwnage.

i think we should add ballistics trajectories to the game :P that way rifleman and "scouts" can still kill long range without much problem, while restricting engineers or SMG users to short range or harder shots at long range. =(... i dunno thats just me

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But don't forget the effect of more accurate weapons: You will die more often without the chance to react.
    Therefore I prefer inaccurate weapons.

9. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I'd like weapons to be more inaccurate by having more kickback and not retarded random bullet spray. I love brenodi machine pistol, because it actually feels like a deadly weapon when it gets your aim all fucked up when shooting. The smg's don't have to have that much kickback though.

The weapons are pretty balanced at the moment, but more kickback with the inaccuracy it brings and slightly more damage would make it more enjoyable, me thinks.

10. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

the NF heavy rifle needs to be more accurate

11. Empty

Empty Member

I don't use the NFAR or the BEAR at all.
    Maybe the BEAR because it's clip is useful, but the NFAR is seriously lacking in every department.
    The pistols remain useless although the MP is useable now. SMGs are filling a niche that doesn't seem to exist.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Weapon accuracy is silly, all the guns start out really accurate and then get really inaccurate, a gun should have mostly static accuracy so you don't end up tapping SMGs to hit at long range.

Give a good mix of guns, some more accurate than others, and scale accuracy and damage inversely. Accurate guns do small amounts of damage but do it consistently over any range, while inaccurate guns do high amounts of damage but lose that capacity the further they shoot.

I did that for a balance and it worked fairly well DPS wise, never got to test it in a game though.

13. Empty

Empty Member

DPS isn't balance.
    It's not even close to balance.

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

this porridge is too hot

15. Frax

Frax Member

All inf handguns should have iron sights really. There could be an own button for it, as Empires have its own key table, so its not limited by the basic key config... but thats just an idea...

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The pistols are very useful. I always use pistols as grenadier to pick off targets that are 300 meters away and they are always accurate. The rifleman assault rifles needs improvement, the Carbine/Heavy rifle are just fine, and the hmg is just extremely fun to use to gun down someone in front of you while you are standing up or crouching. The smgs are inaccurate over range because of lack of using sights, but the smg2 needs a bit more accuracy, regardless if its supposed to be inaccurate for damage, it can't hit ANYTHING unless its in the general area of the local/ taunt voice commands, so there is zero point in using the smg2 because the smg1 can hit most of the time. screw that shit just play gren the mortar has splash.

17. SupRore

SupRore Banned

Just right. Smgs easily make short work of one target in pairs, and rifles handle them easily alone. Feels intuitive, solid, effective, and fair.

18. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I've been spoiled by 2.12 so the current weapons will always feel horribly inaccurate to me.
    I can say this though, I'm no fan of having crouch burst battles with "assault" rifles and I can get pretty miffed when I get meleed while spraying a whole magazine of smg2 bullets at a guy in close quarters hoping for a lucky headshot, because that's what a headshot with full auto on any of the current weapons is: lucky.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Quoted for truthiness.

20. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

since brenodi and northern faction uses nano tech/dna manipulation.. ud imagine that they integrated all those tech into other things.. how about Nano tech bullets that will magically guide itself to the enemy by tracking the enemy's nano bots and dna manipulation tech.