Ok, it was fun for a while ...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by flasche, Apr 21, 2010.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

are they physically and/or mentally challenged? who, please tell me because i want to laugh at them ...

2. Empty

Empty Member

Wow.
    Gren finally gets a buff and the grens start bitching.
    Seriously?

Sure it was fun having epic skill RPG hits from miles away, but the fact that you missed so many of the vital ones made the gren oh so weak to vehicles.

3. flasche

yeh well, if noone is interested in balancing it out, i probably shouldnt complain and say "thank you for being OP, love you all"?

:)

(could we somehow make it so that the rocket can turn around too, i miss that i cannot hit the side of the tank which is facing away from me, im able to selectively hit all others as i like tho)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  4. Empty

Empty Member

It's not OP.

5. rat

rat Member

I've been able to dodge the guided RPGs in 2.25 decently plus they don't do much damage to upgraded armor. It definitely helps against early vehicle rushes at least.

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

It's not OP. It's just different. It's like if you suddenly changed the mowtar arc. It's just something different to get used to. It's not as much a buff as much of making grenadier accessible to more players, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Only time can tell how this will impact the community (besides rage).

7. flasche

yeh i just realized, i just should be happy i hit tanks with a 99% chance ...
    since i barely drive anyway, this will be no annoyance to me :p

so i want to personally thank the dev who did that :rolleyes:

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Pretty much 100% with flasche on everything he said. The old RPG was guided but it still wasn't a 100% hit rate. It's something that you can actually accrue skill with and become better at. The new RPG is HOLD CURSOR ON THEM AND HIT LOL.

if the RPG needed a buff it should have received more damage, not better guidance. It indirectly received this buff with the armor nerf so I'm willing to bet that the 2.24 RPG would fit perfectly right now.

10. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I don't have the feeling, that grens are now OP.
    For example I was parking my medium tank in front of an enemy base and one grenadier was shooting and hitting me. I ignored him and destroyed the buildings behind him. I took quite many hits until I had to drive back for repair.

But to really make a conclusion about balance it would be great if the developers add statistics like this: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=12485

11. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

This anecdote directly supports my argument. Grens aren't having a problem with hitting tanks, they're having a problem with killing them.

Buff the damage, not the track speed.

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Unless SIP never rotated or he wasn't using any good armor, then I agree. For all we know he could have been at an extreme angle mod with reflective.

Now if he was using abs or plain...we have a problem.