Future Wishlist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

cinematic physics! (see the collapsing bridge on HL2ep2 trailer).

2. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

replace the be AFV whith a hovertank

3. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

Better textures, animations and sounds

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Give players a hover board when they get the speed upgrade, because it kinda looks like they're hovering when they have that skill, almost Psycho Mantis like (might just be me...)

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Fix the buildbar bug. Also, fix the fact that when you get health upgrade, you can't actually see the extra health, so when you get shot and it doesn't take more than 30 hp off, you won't even notice you've been shot. And when engineers heal you, the bar will go through the box.

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

God, think of 50 HE arty tanks PER SIDE all on the field at ONCE!!!
    You think arty whoring is bad now with 15-30 people...?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

*Updated (ouch for krenzo)

8. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

OK, I know some of these are gameplay-changing... But I can't bother writing a thread for each of the million of ideas I have.

Make buildings and vehicles destruct with a big and loud explosion, with a few flames burning a while after it's destroyed. These flames should hurt anything that is inside or in touch with the building. This would be a significantly better effect and much more rewarding too.

Make tracked vehicles, no matter what engine they have, be able to climb up at least 40-degree-steep uphills.

Make shell impacts have stronger effects, both visual and functional. Normal tank and artillery shells should kill infantry a lot more easier, because at the moment they seem ridiculously weak against infantry.

Bullet penetration ability weakens too much with distance. Decrease the weakening effect by 30%, but make armor protect certain body areas better. This way snipers could still kill targets from far distances if they stay still, but not necessarily mass-kill moving targets whose weapon accuracy isn't enough to beat the sniper.

Make helmets stop bullets and have a spark effect on impact. Helmets should also fall off soldiers' heads from an impact with a force higher than some certain value. Doesn't DOD have this?

Make turrets cost a lot more, but make it possible to "build" bot soldiers from barracks. These soldiers could be ordered to patrol whatever areas the commander wishes them to. They'd be riflemen with no skills. Personally I think this would be a lot cooler than turrets, albeit turrets should not be removed.

Add a walk button, for there's many instances where I'd like to move slowly and quietly, yet still keep my head up. Walking should perhaps also regenerate stamina 10%-20% faster.

A LOT louder, more powerful sounds for all weapons and cannons and explosions.

Give squad leaders some sort of a cap (http://capefearww2.uncwil.edu/veWebDailyLife/exhibit3/images/e30132b.jpg Imperial?), and give them more abilities to utilize their squad. For example, the squad leader could use a command to spot all enemies and enemy buildings in his vision just for his squad, for 40 seconds per time. This could be repeated every minute, or something like that. Also, make squad leaders have a different symbol above their head so you can find them easily.

Separate the scout class to a sniper and an actual scout. The sniper should be a lot weaker and slower and have no hide ability. The scout would have a scout rifle without the scope, and he would have two timed explosives with him. The explosives would have a timer of 100 seconds and each of them should be able to damage a single building with 50%-60% damage. They could be disarmed by any enemy, and they should have a subtle, ticking sound.

Make building buildings look a bit more sensible by placing a crate instead of an unbuilt building, which would, either in an animation or a few stages, gradually become a building. Each part would be separately built and then it would "deploy" or something. It would not only make building less boring, but it'd look a lot better too.

Make the radar a building that actually just enables viewing the map overview, or gives some advantages to it. It should cost around 200-300. Research should be done in a separate building, the research station. This should be a bigger building that needs more effort to set up (either more resources or time to build it). That way, blowing up the research station would be rewarding and perhaps change the tide of the battle. Imagine a squad of commandos placing timed explosives in the research station so that the enemy won't research artillery.

Make it possible to pick up the weapons/equipment of a dead soldier, at the expense of dropping your own stuff.

Add some sort of a bunker building which protects infantry from artillery shells, until the building breaks.

Proning. Someone said this would slow down the gameplay, but I don't see how it would do that. A bit silly thought.

MGers should be able to deploy their MG on any surface like in FireArms, or when prone.

Make tanks function like THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljs24S7uvws&mode=related&search=

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  9. Deiform

Deiform Member

Well obviously when technology gets to that stage, then the maps will be much larger, and hopefully artys will be made much more expensive/limited.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

JJ45: Not that you're ideas arn't all good, but I am mainly looking for ideas that don't really change the gameplay drastically, such as a sniper class.

I'll include:
    -Buildings 'spload/fall apart
    --with fire inside to damage people still inside
    -tracked vehicles can all climb 40% inclines
    -Damage areas on players
    -helmets
    --that fall off
    -walk button [for silent moving(?) and accurate shooting while still tall]
    -different model for squad leaders (such as cap)
    -squad leader abilities
    --"spot" ability ["to spot all enemies and enemy buildings in his vision just for his squad, for 40 seconds per time. This could be repeated every minute, or something like that."]
    -squad leaders have a different symbol above their head [so you can find them easily]
    -squad leaders locatable by commander
    -squads work when working together, not when individually running around.
    -SOMEONE has explosive charges
    --can be defused
    --make ticking noise
    -Buildings build in stages, develop as you build them, such as from a crate... (a la NS)

11. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I'll also add:

Proning. Someone said this would slow down the gameplay, but I don't see how it would do that. A bit silly thought.

MGers should be able to deploy their MG on any surface like in FireArms, or when prone.

Make tanks function like THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljs24S7uvws&mode=related&search=

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  12. Inflames007

Inflames007 Member

A system like that would seriously requaier seperate driver and main gunner.
    Also, make bullets drop on big distances.