revive change

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by flasche, Oct 5, 2009.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

make revive a initial feature of the engi tool, but let it cost the whole energy without the skill.

this obviously needs renaming of the revive skill ^^

pros:
    yes
    cons:
    maybe
    alternatives:
    probably

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Sure why not.

3. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This would not change much for conquest maps, because there you already mostly have revive as engineer.

But for commander maps this could be interesting. So you rush to the first choke point and there you have to decide, if you want to revive your teammate or build up the barracks.
    And I guess that you have to wait until your engineer tool is completely full again to do the next revive. And the revive icon should only appear, when the engineer tool is fully loaded.

4. flasche

;)

and i see no reason why the rev symbol should only be visible when your charge is full :confused:

5. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Without you will see players yelling that revive is broken. Or just change the icon/add a message, so that every noob can figure out, that only a full engi tool can to revive.

6. flasche

not only - if you have the skill you can do it with half the energy ...

7. QMAN

QMAN Member

Is nice we can see where already our team mates death, but death ppls dont know, where is nearly "revivors". Will be nice if in game will be implemented, for death ppls, to see with engy have revive skill, to know they must wait or not ;)

8. o_O

o_O Member

Make it also revive the target at ~25% health, otherwise there is no point to the skill. Sure "unskilled" revives cost twice as much but that wont matter when you have twice the number of engis revving. This is exactly the reason no one gets healing upgrade - why bother when you can do it good enough already?

9. Valiant

Valiant Member

There is no point to repair upgrade. Engineers repair just as fast without it.

This is a good idea flasche.

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I don't really like this idea all that much. Revive is such a powerful skill to have, regardless of how much calculator ammo it takes, this would just be such a huge buff to an already-powerful engineer. I like having to decide whether you want to take that critical revive skill in the beginning rush or maybe something else.

Giving engineers this as an innate ability will basically be giving them something for nothing, because you'll have it cost twice as much, but also have twice the engineers reviving.

There's a big difference between repair upgrade and healing upgrade. When healing, you almost never use up all your engineer tool ammo; When building, your main limiting factor is usually how much tool ammo you have. The recharge rate isn't all that fast, so having enough tool ammo to finish the job is of high importance, and repair upgrade basically doubles the tool ammo at hand, and even doubles the recharge rate because each point that is recharged is worth twice as much.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If I see anybody reviving a teammate instead of building the barracks I will yell at them, building the barracks automatically revives everyone at the choke point.

12. flasche

may i bump this?

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

No tyvm. It would make the skill way less useful.

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Please no Flasche,,,

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I thought it said "receive change", you know, with your wages and stuff.

16. War Man

War Man Member

I would like this actually, irritating seeing an engineer nearby and not to doing a thing.

It is this or there is a little picture above an engineer to signify he has revive. Hate not knowing whether the Engineers have revive or not.

17. OuNin

OuNin Member

only if revive skill charge costs less than 50 charge

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

you do know its the most important skill atm, and it could use a nerf without nerfing the actual act of reviving?

19. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

let's seeeeeeeee....

Without any perks: Revive takes 6.5 seconds to resurrect dead pixels, it uses 100 calc charge (can begin at ANY calc charge, and it'll wait until you have 100), you're revived at 20hp, and you have a sort of all-black-screen that 'fades' into reality.

With the revive perk: Revive takes the same time as a scout-sab, it uses 50 calc charge (can begin at ANY calc charge, and it'll wait until you have 50), you're revived at 50hp, and your screen fades much quicker.

Overall nerf: less HP upon revive, engineers can no longer revive-spam or pop out from behind a crate and revive instantaneously like level100 necromancer.
    Does this nerf revive's overall use? No. Does it prevent some of the broken aspects of revive? Yes. Is the skill still worth it? It all depends, but I certainly think so.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  20. flasche

thats no nerf thats making it completely useless. 6.5sec? u kidding me, even half a second would make it impossible to revive ...