Whole Map Visible Upon Game End

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PatPeter, Jul 5, 2009.

1. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

Whole Map Visible on the Mini-Map Upon Game End

Says what it says, I would love to see the progress of the enemy team when we lose.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Their progress is that they have half a dozen tanks parked round the wreckage of your command vehicle, you get a very good view of that when the game ends, and you were probably there when they overran your base before that.

I don't see any reason not to do it but I don't see any reason to do it either.

3. SupaChupa

SupaChupa Member

yeah if you view the whole map it could give a little bit of flair to the game but idk if you zoom out that far if you can see everything well

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Wouldn't it lagg pretty much?

5. PatPeter

No no no, you guys mistook what I meant, I meant the whole map would be visible on the mini-map, not to change your perspective from that of the wreaked Comm Vehicle.

Like on other RTSs when you die you can see the entire map, no darkness (Empires doesn't have that anyway), no fog.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I like this idea.

7. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

what he said, but why not?

8. PatPeter

But you have to remember that at the time of that post he thought I meant that all players should be able to view the entire map from a third-person perspective up in the sky. This is not the case. I just want the mini-map to show everything it would if in spectator.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it might be fun to dick around about heavy tanks in your second base that "if only"... but otherwise i dont see a reason

i dont see a reason not to ether, its just like how do you want it to be if it ends

10. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

To prove that I was in fact mining your com just before you won.

In case you didn't know, minimap icons are pretty recent, before everything was just squares. So showing a field of squares at the end would have been utterly pointless, which is probably why it was never implemented - because as you said, all other RTSes have this. Now though it would work, so I don't see why not.

11. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

It would be nice to have a marker on the map where the game ending event took place. Sometimes I wonder where the last enemy person was or where the CV was.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No I didn't. I assumed you meant the minimap, there are obvious reasons why the whole map should not and possibly cannot be made visible.

13. PatPeter

Oh, my bad then. But yeah, sometimes I like to see how pwned we were at the end, and I like Melarion's idea of a marker where the CV died, or rather just put your personal mini-map icon whereever you are specing, like when someone suicides and it skips to them, your arrow in the minimap should be at where they suicided.