Commander powers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mashav, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mashav

Mashav Member

Warning:
    All numbers in this post would need to be changed with testing and balancing, they are just examples of what could be.

Right now commanders gain points for squad activity. If were to take these points and allow the commander to use them for useful things squads would become even more useful. I have no idea how many points a comm would get, thus the warning for numbers.

Powers:

Low powers
    1 point:
    Add 25 resource to your resource pool
    Heal target infantry to full
    Drop an ammo box
    Target unit gets squad hide for 10 seconds

3 points:
    The next turret you drop is a level 3
    Fully repair target tank (not cv)
    Over heat target tank (not cv)

5 points: The next building you drop costs half as much/or Is dropped 2/3 built

6 points: the entire map is revealed to you for 5 seconds
    Medium Powers

8 points: Creates a sky camera that will give all friendly units in an area targets for 5 minutes

9 points: drops a single Bio missile on an area

10 points:Commander artillery, Drops 6 ranged arty shells in a large star pattern, requires scout targeting.

13 points: EMP, temporarily disables all turrets and overheats all tanks in the area of the blast

High powers

15 points: The next research you start takes half as long.

20 points: creates a temporary spawn point for 30 seconds, abides by regular building requirements.

25 points: Comm Class ability:
    Scout: sabotages all buildings in an area dealing no damage and no ability to repair for 45 seconds.
    Engineer: Repairs all buildings ,vehicles and heals all infantry.
    Rifleman: all infantry and tanks gain 25% Armour bonus for 1 min
    Grenadier: Deploys a large amount mines in a large area, not useable if enemys are on screen

Uber ultra mega super special awesome powers MKIII

50 points: Allows your CV to rearm on a repair pad (It has 6 connected universal slots)

75 points: Allows creation of a rail turret which 1 shots infantry and the addition of bio to regular mgs

80 points: Allows your team to 9 mine like it used to be

90 points: Allows your comm to phys push enemy comm while he is in comm view

100 points:Enemy commander disconnects.

125 points: Ban target player for 20 mins

140 points: your team gets noclip

150 points: Your team gets ties and top hats, Lolz ensue

160 points: Your CV gets a tie and top hat, Luls ensue

200 points: Melee upgrade creates a kill trigger in a 10 meter radius. Kills people in tanks.

250 points: Your CV fires its laser. You win the game

As an additional random real suggestion:
    Allows scout's hide to hide the vehicle they are driving. Ends if they fire. Turrets wont fire at them. Limited to starting vehicles. No mkII

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Interesting concept.

As per usual for a suggestion this large and detailed, most of these are utterly stupid and unbalanced (lol most, wait, all of the MKIII ones). But, adding extra interactivity for the comms isn't such a bad idea. It's an extra incentive to do things that are beneficial, and saving up for some of the later powers to end the game faster has a nice appeal while balancing against using several smaller powers.

3. Mashav

Mashav Member

I guess i should say this just in case. The "Uber ultra mega super special awesome powers MKIII" are meant to be jokes.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

this was tested to a degree in 2.12 and 2.2

Commander being able to fire weapons is a bad idea was the conclusions.

imagine a com being able to use his almighty viewpoint to rain hell onto the unsuspecting team.

in 2.2 you could drop mines in com view, use engineer tools, etc. it was crazy. get a scout behind enemy lines, and com can build from com view for him.

5. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

lol remember super nuke in nachos? that was fun xD

6. Jayson

Jayson Member

Strange i just had an idea like this recently to give the com special powers based upon what the players and squads do.....

...you stealing my thoughts?....YOU IN MY HEAD? LOL

Anyhow good idea no matter who thinks it, its just needs to be slightly revised lol

Lets the com gain commander points when there commands are followed and completed.

Of course this would mean that they would have to give the commanders some more commands like build this or repair that and so on.

Hmm make some commands for individual players and squads and how they do is how many points the commander gets.

Have a rank of specials what the commander can do nothing like ORBITAL CANNONNNNNN or ultra exploding monkeys or anything stuff like

Heal target player: 5 Points
    Heal target Building: 10 Points
    Revive Target Player: 15 Points
    Place Building half built: 20 Points
    Place Camera/Radar: 25 Points
    Explode Target: 30 Points (Target must be friendly constructed item)
    Make Enemy PING: 35 points
    Eye in the sky: 40 Points (Radar of area visible to all team players)

And so on btw the above i pulled from where the sun does not shine so don't go by those numbers.

Anyhow what do people think as the idea to give the com special powers based on what the players and squads do?

What do you think they should be?

I still want my ultra exploding monkeys though.

-Jayson

p.s. i forgot all the above abilities are restricted to the commanders area of influence i.e. building stuff so no reviving dead players on there own or pinging enemies they must be near another live friendly player or building.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Can we call this ability the Mega-Mashav-Fist?

8. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i like it :D

9. spellman23

spellman23 Member

The key thing is to NOT let the commander directly harm enemy players.

Instead, any powers should be some sort of extra support. For example, an AOE heal, or a radar ping, or even funneling points into more res. These are useful and not a direct player harming set of powers.

Letting the comm drop mines and artillery = bad idea. Artillery maybe, but there has to be 1) a good warning period (oh man, here it comes) and 2) some way to disable it (like in the Battlefield 2 game).

10. Mashav

Mashav Member

1 thing i would like to point out now is that a commander only receives a point for every 5 squad points(or at least i think this is what it is). If you want to judge these powers by squad power standards simply multiply by 5

Example:

75 Squad Points: The next research you start takes half as long.

This means that in a normal game you might not be able to ever use the high level powers.

Also as an aside this was an actual suggestion.

11. Cloud

Cloud Member

Love 150 points one, we seriously need that :3

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i want this, cheaper and being able to target friendlies ... only enabled for me. wait, i should get me adminz :D