[Recurring Event] Unofficial Tester Match

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ScardyBob, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

The bio effects from biomg are pretty small and even if you did rape your armor there should be no reason the effects carry over to hull.

2. communism

communism poof

Learn 2 turret farm
    ;D

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

learn to not rush the com when there heaves. I had got our team to pretty much max tech. we were winning. I figured I could help as a tank driver more then a job less com. but people wined about targets so trickster volunteered to man the com. then He drove it to the front lines. He finally retreated to base when he was smoking and when ambushed he promptly blamed the team for telling him to go back.

Not admirable behaver.

4. Lithium

Lithium Member

yeahh... I was there and I agree with Vess.

5. communism

communism poof

Burnnnn

6. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

it was to laugh.....

sry trixx lol

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

What he did failed hard, but he still has a valid point, I don't think bio should do double damage against the cv plain armor.

8. communism

communism poof

The cv armor doesn't do shit anyways

9. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

2.3 - make CV repairable (on rep. pad) and upgradeable.

fixed.

just imagine, CV's with composite/reactive and 3phase and/or bio engine (sticky stun counter anyone?)

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Been discussed, this benefits the winning team even more. Also, this is not a dicussion topic.

11. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i'm too lazy and busy to bother finding the right topics anymore, besides this area gets read only by the plyrs that matter and wont get spammed with retarded opinions.

we need a testers section for suggestions.

oh, and i disagree strongly. It actually gives the losing team a better chance of their cv surviving tank rushes long enough to mount a counter-offensive. Sure it might be harder for them to kill the enemy CV at that point, but at least they can do other things. rax kill, base rape, retake territory, resource denial, etc.

12. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I put my cv at the front line where i was protected from ninjas. And the bio damage did carry over to my hull and damaged it considerably, I see no reason why this can't be reproduced if need be. 1 bio apc and a few grens shouldn't be able to take out the cv. I retreated because you all told me to, the fact that half of you didn't chase the apc that broke through in your med tanks is your fault. Also i moved forward to stop a bridge rush, you screamed me to go back, and i got bridge rushed. An error of judgement on my part to think that a tester team would be any smarter than a pub team, but i accept that as my mistake for listening. Point being here amongst the flaming is that bio mg was doing massive damage all round, in 2.2 bio apc rushes are going to be ridiculously powerful. Cheap, quick, strong, overpowered.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  13. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yes its not your fault AT ALL. No way it is even possible that you have even a small possibility that you are fault. No way. Never. Ever. Srsly!!!!oneoneoneeleven

Again after I saw the first apc rushing the bridge, I killed the bridge, the apc fell into the water and I told you to fall back. You know that the cv is vulnable to rushes? No way! Then you would be vulnerable to ninajs! OH YES! A ninja without ninemines is more dangerous then a apc rush, yes I forgot, I AM SO SORRY DEAR TRICKSTER, that I didn't recognize your genius.

Well enough flaming now.
    Ceterum censeo, bio damage to cv shouldn't have a multiplicator.

14. Trickster

Glad you agree.

I was apc rushed across the bridge when I retreated to main after you blew the bridge, they had 2 apcs or something. Regardless, its teamfail, not CV fail. I've been rushed by 3 apcs and still lived because of a handful of grenadiers. A more experienced tester team in meds should be able to defend against 1 apc and know full well to chase it if they miss it and it gets past. Had I gone been in main base in the first place anyway, you'd have ignored it yet again, I'd have had no defence, and died from the first APC rush, It was dumb luck that I survived the first anyway though, I think 2 people killspawned and killed the APC, and I ran over half of their infantry. And even moreso not scream at me to go back to main base, where I could get rushed with no-one to help me. Yeh. Great idea. 1 ninja is more deadly than 1 apc. Apc isn't exactly hard to spot. Although it seems you had that problem when I was rushed for the 2nd time.

Give the CV an armour without a modifier, like composite. Its strong but has no modifiers AFAIK, no double damage from anything, no double defence from anything.

Also, I just noticed my tag says EPIC Tester. Thats fucking awesome.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  15. Beerdude26

Wait, you didn't place any turrets at your main base at all? All you need is place a few MG turrets and occassionally (every five minutes or so) check for ninjas if you're that paranoid. Then all you need to do is keep the chokepoints covered and you're fine

16. Trickster

Fuck that, turrets are worthless, and MG turrets would have done jack shit, I could have spammed MLs wasting time and effort. Or instead, I could have thought "hey, surrounded by tanks and at the forward spawn point, I'm sure my team is more useful than some ML turrets. WRONG.

17. Beerdude26

Turrets are bots, tanks and infantry are people. Do the logic yourself and see which ones will be on guard 24/7.

18. Drag

Drag Member

5+ seconds to react to the commander getting apc rushed warning

2 seconds to press the kill button IF you got it bound (remember, new version, testing = no custom configs, more like 5)

10-11 seconds till respawn

2 seconds confusion

10-15 seconds finding the commander and getting into position to fire at the apc while being raped by enemy infantry (6:1)

10-30 seconds to kill the apc

20 seconds to finish off the infantry
    -----

Even a full health comm who hasn't jeopardized all his health by greeting enemy bio vehicles would likely have died. (Stay behind the frontline base, never in the line of fire?)

How to prevent? ML turret farm to make life harder for apc, the comm can drive towards it and get the apc raped, after that he can flee from remaining infantry.

How to furthermore prevent it? MG farms of 3-4 near the ML farm. Hand down there were NO TURRETS placed anywhere and bridge was not secured for the whole game. The whole setup was open for rape so whats the great surprise here. Decent APC rush on low player server = game over unless properly farmed.

Turrets are a necessity on low player servers especially.

19. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Make that 2 second to react to comm orders, 1 second confusion, No more than 10 to kill APC, and 10 to kill inf, then you'll make the grade for my team.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Or don't comm against me :) I usually go for a research route that ensures that I can use an APC rush as a last opportunity for victory.