The Bridge on Slaughtered.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Aquillion, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

See the JPL vs CW league scrim in slaughtered. CW wallspammed the shit out of the right passage while both teams entered trench warfare in the bridge area (one team pushed, other team defended, and then the other team pushed and the one team defended, 2 hour stalemate).

JPL eventually decided, after 10 tanks destroyed, to say "fuck it" and tank rushed through the passage and destroyed e3.

So what i'm trying to say is that Slaughtered is not a strategic map. There's too little/narow passageways to do anything innovative. It's whoever can rush more efficiently and can build a decent defense system.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

best rush on slaughtered is NF crossing bridge into BE original spawn. a group of 3 of us just pubbed that strat, kill the BE main barracks in about 5 seconds with seismic, proceeded to put up 2 barracks, a VF and turrets, with the refinery. The BE team was so dumb struck they didn't notice us rush middle right afterwards and kill their second barracks with the barrage of seismic.

Map ended shortly thereafter.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah I wasn't aware that they did either.

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Yeah, assuming BE didn't wall spam bridge. It's a quick way of ending the match for BE. Now try doing that to NF. I guarantee you that you'll have a harder time.

Slaughtered is a fun map to play, but it's so buffed towards NF.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

but that balances out the constant BE stacks. It's fun mining things up on slaughtered though.

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Not really BE can rush a rax to the area just east of the water or in the turn and take NE. It just cause the retards who think the towers give res on BE are like LOL LETS CAMP THE TOWER and they miss all the people crossing the river going to BE main whereas all the retards on NF camping the tower at least cover the bridge. As far as skilled teams go I'd say NF has a slight advantage because they can arty the e3 ref.

7. Empty

Empty Member

How often do you see arties on slaughtered?
    I don't research them ever, because I know half my team will get one, and that will lead to defeat, because nublets love their arties.

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Reading comprehension is a pretty sweet skill.

9. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

i'd say NF has an advantage because it's easier to sneak through to their main; instead of having to run across the intersection near the bridge and tower, they can just hug the wall.

a surprisingly few commanders as BE ever put a barracks up high near their starting location, which is odd imo.

the bridge is awesome in my opinion; it's a great shame that 9mining is going to be removed. i wish it wasn't.

the only "problem" with the map is it's perhaps too easy to turtle each end of the bridge with a load of wall spam and turrets on those ramp things. when the bridge gets defended like that, the game is a lot less dynamic.

sure, with clan skilled teams the map is going to be dull, but on pub games it's easily one of my favorite maps.

10. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

No res on towers?

Stupid ace.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Even vets fall victim to this.