Stop stacking every game...

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Jul 26, 2008.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Do you guys think it's fun to walk all over newbs? It sure seems that way. About 3 or 4 maps in a row, all the experienced players except for maybe two or three join one team.

In a 15 v 15 game, when you play on the team full of newbs, its really 2 vs 10.

I don't think it's any fun to play when there's no chance of winning except 9 mineing for the entire game.

Isn't it more challenging to play with balanced teams, and therefore more fun?

My message to the clan stackers,

If you want to play with your clan, get your own server or play a clan match. It's not fair to the rest of us for you all to stack one team.

What really bothers me is when I ask people to balance the teams (or force them to), all they do is get pissed off that I am disrupting their stack.

Sometimes their excuse is "People left your team." One person flat out refused saying "People left your team, I'm not going to balance."

And just so you guys know (looks at Empty), it's not just the clan stacks. 75% of experienced players are NOT in clans.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Wow a member of bsid posting a thread like this!? ha thats crazy

First It's called skill stacking and yes I agree its not fun or fair.. But last night you were being over dramatic yelling things like JPL stacks when it was 5 jpl's.. We can't split up a person in to two..
    Secondly I switch teams all the time to make it fair.. But its shitty having to leave the teams I help get good only to see it then get stacked by people I don't know who were just waiting for me to free up a spot for them..

Thirdly I hardly know anyone in game so when I join a team I don't know if they are good or bad.. But other random people who are some what skilled see clan members and want to join there teams cause they know they can depend on them.. So most of the time its them stacking the teams and clan members getting the blame.. PEOPLE LOSE AND WIN.. It's just how the game's work.. If people put in work to get a win and then the other team rage quits its not stacking.. It's not even close..

And why does it seem like you never complain on your server about this even tho its exactly the same.. Yet I see you go into other servers and talk about all this more then you even play..

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I skillstack, not because I want to win, I do it to not get frustrated.
    Its not fun to play with a team that does nothing on his own.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Lol he wouldn't stop bitching yesterday.

5. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

2vs3 JPLs. With 3 of them on the losing team.

Hueg stax.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Hey, there as a BSID and a Hz# there too :P

7. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

I would stack but that would make me feel bad (yeah lol)

But it gets so fucking frustrating when youre coming and your team JUST WONT FUCKNIG LISTEN OMG THERES AN APC IN OUR BASE AND I HAVE BEEN TELLING THE TEAM TO KILL SPAWN FOR 5 MINUTES AND NOBODY CAME.......

Yeah that's why people do it Imo

Because the noobs just wont listen to the comm and that is just not fun at all :/

8. Empty

Empty Member

I don't think it was the vets stacking, there were just this massive group of failure nubs. They always grouped together.

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

It was NOT the JPL players. They were evenly distributed.

It was mostly the experienced non clanners.

Grapehead,

I know some BSID members stack, but I don't.

I agree switching sucks, but sometimes you have to.

On my server, I don't have to depend on players being intelligent enough to even out the teams themselves, I just switch them. And if anyone in the server says that the teams are stacked, I can fix it.

In general, the only people responsible for fair play are the players. And after the forth or fifth map lost due to stacking, it starts to really piss me off.

That's the problem right there. People skill stack because they're so sick of the last four maps where they got screwed because of a stack and want to win for once. I know how you feel, but please, don't fix a broken window with a hammer.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  10. Lala

Lala Member

Tell me plz, how will Empires become new players if every claners and non claners stacking?
    Never? No new ppl will play this game anymore. The same is, callin all guys "noob/noobs". Everyone of us started this game as a Noob! ;)

11. Empty

Empty Member

Labelling is bad, mmkay.

12. bart

bart Member

i quit playing empires because of stacking and crappy balance ...

stacking really ruins the game. its frustrating when u are in the noob/newb team and its no challenge when u are in the stacked team. unfortunatley this happens very often.

and late game balance sucks, imba rails vs annoying nukes. most of the time BE wins.

i play again when the anti stacking plugin works properly and balance is improved by patches.

13. communism

communism poof

Stacking is becoming less and less because people are realizing how lame it is.
    Balance will come in 2.2 so just hold out a little bit longer ;D

14. Silk

Silk Mapper

It's impossible to tell how good a team is, unless you know every single player personally. I just use auto assign at map start, and i'll sometimes switch teams if the other team has 3 or more people less, but that's as far as i go. I simply can not detect skillstacking when teams are even. Even a better team can be losing if they has some bad luck.

But i will NEVER leave a team cause it's losing, since that's just incredibly dumb. It's like saying "I hate stacked games, so i'm gonna join the winning team to set things right".

15. Empty

Empty Member

2.2 is the OB port, balancing comes after. :(

16. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

The OB port happens to handle vehicle MGs differently (properly) which ends up making the chaingun uber overpowered. Some tweaks WILL be needed for 2.2

17. Empty

Empty Member

Still, that's just a fixup, hopefully some tweaks, but not the massive overhaul the rabbling community wants.

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Stop spreading lies, we haven't decided on anything big yet.

19. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Decide on somethign big!!

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I say, open the hidden forum but don't allow us to post in there :D