some times...

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by mr_quackums, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

just got off mvally and the goddamn teams went from 2v3, 2v4, 3v5, 4v7, 5v9, 6v9 then stayed there till i left makin it 5v9 again. there was 1 BISD on NF and the like 5 on BE. i can understand being a clan and wanting to stick together, but game balance should come first especially for a respectible clan (you dont want to end up with the same rep as on|e).

they were complaining about the rifles not being fair and that is why they were stacking. i dont know if they are balanced or not yet (im never riflemen) but they are suposed to be good now, and even if not that is not an excuse to turn a minor BE weapon advantage into a major BE numbers advantage. if anything it means for the game to be fair you should stack NF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i began to bitch about it they were saying it was ok because teams would be balanced next map. i dont give a shit about next map, ill deal with that when it comes. why fix something later when you could do it now? and like im dumb enough to think that if they didnt do it here they were gunna do it next go around.

BISD: keep an eye on some of your ppl (not sure which ones regularly do this kind of thing), some of you are starting to behave alot like On|e.

to top it all off we had one of our own guys (either a moron or he wanted to lose) walling in the com and building his trt and radar on the mouth of the bridge so we couldnt get on.

this game is great, has the most potential out of anything out there (even more than most comercialy released stuff), but the comunity needs to police itself cause any great game can be ruined by a bad comunity.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Hm, I haven't seen a large group of BSID together so I wouldn't know.... isn't that one clan called On|e and not On|y ?

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I'm a big Northern Faction fan.

-- =[BSID]= Pfc. Slithzerikai

4. Revolver

Revolver Member

ROFL. It's On|E. And we don't start the games like that, they end like that. Mod prevents us from stacking that badly anyways.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I always balance the teams, infact because of the godamn BE stacking I find myself going NF a lot more. I wish people could stop stacking for once so I could go BE aswell :P

but nothing is bad, NF is great fun too and ppl that think the rifle is gonna make any difference in the game should learn that strategy and teamwork is going to win you the game and not exploiting whatever works the best, atleast thats the way it should go, but even now it counts

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Since people naturally stack the BE side, maybe I should buff the NF weapons.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Don't overdo it or people will complain about the unbalanced weapons again.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

About clan stacking: clan should stack only when ie they are on 32 slots full server. That's ok. But even 20/30 and few people from one clan in one team will make game very unbalanced.

BTW playing against your own clan is more fan than just simple stacking.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, the NF AR still has its gigantic starter recoil, which makes it hard to place shots from far away. Luckily, this was balanced out a bit by the higher damage (40). But now the damage is the same (don't know about rate of fire, last time I checked they were BE:1080 NF:800 or 900). Just make the NF AR smack the same as the BE AR, and make the differences visible in the other weapons. Maybe have the BE HMG do a bit more damage, but have a smaller clip? Or more accurate (and same damage)?

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I play fairly regularly, and I play late at night, USA time (GMT -4?). First and foremost, I haven't seen more than 3 BSID in the game at any one time, so you can kind of discount my vote. But I almost always see at least ONE online. And when I do see three online, they never teamstack. AGAIN, I've never seen games where many are active, so maybe this is the exception, not the norm. (But I hope not.)

It is true that the community must police itself, though. The official server has taken great strides in this direction with three fairly active admins. I have great faith in the community if this trend continues.

As for the teamstacking in general, discounting the effect of clans, well, it's always going to happen, no matter what anyone says, unless there's an admin online.

11. Thor

Thor Member

*Captain Thor stammers into the room*

First off... We do not stack to imbalance, as some as you think, nor do we have problems with our member base. I and others have worked to keep BSID a good, well known clan of decent players, skillwise and behaviorwise. If the game is that imbalanced, we will almost always switch sides to try and balance it out. It's fun owning our clanmates and all, but its also fun to work together on the same team. I currently don't have a rule on this matter in our handbook on the forums, but if people are complaining this is some sort of problem, i'll surely add it. As far as i've seen we keep it even, and from what the other posters are saying, that makes me even more positive that all is well.

Second...If you have any issue with our clan and how we play, contact ME or Beerdude. I'm not saying your trying to slander our name, but some people read things once and just assume we are bad players because we stack. It's a lot more senseful to PM me if you have a problem rather than post it in a public gameplay forum.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

iknow, and im sorry. i just had a really bad time on like 3 servers in a row and needed to vent and that 1 case was the thing that put me over the top.

the only thing im actually mad about is the whole "its ok, we will balance it next round"

13. Slithzerikai

People might stack on the NF side then, and then you have an even bigger problem. D:

I usually let the computer select what team I'm on. If I help stacking, people will complain, and it's a honest complaint too when teams stack, when it's say, a clan match I'll surely be on the BE side, but in normal games I simply don't dare to choose.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Often, I join BE and in the beginning the teams are like NF:4 BE: 8. (Or larger, but this is on the Stormed server) And then there's like 6 people spectating. Over time, the teams balance out. Then, as the game progresses balanced, one of the teams will get smaller and smaller. Sometimes because players time out or just plain disconnect (sometimes out of frustration). Because of this, the teams will sometimes end up 5 - 12. We need some kind of autobalancing that also works while the game is running.

15. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

So, why don't you and everyone else JUST CLICK AUTO-ASSIGN?! I have almost never clicked anything besides auto-assign. If you meant that after clicking auto-assign, you are ASSIGNED to BE, then that's understandable because that's a glitch in the auto-assign system; it's been broken before.

I realize that you might have a preference to a team, but stacking teams just ruins the game, and the more people who are new and have no fun, the less people we attract to the game.... that's why everyone around just has sour experiences from 1.0, and if they come back, and just get team stacked, then I REALLY doubt they'll have a change of heart.

16. Slithzerikai

I need a "I AUTO ASSIGN" badge for my signature.

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

drastic solution: auto asign only

goddamn, i cant spell at all tonight

18. The Spirit of Meatday

The Spirit of Meatday Member

Auto-assign makes the world go round.
    And Fight the stack! :D

The only good stacks are made of pancakes and waffles.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  19. Slithzerikai

And civillians.

20. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Just make extrem changes to rarely use weapons, like give the NF SMG2 a long range, insta-kill melee attack that kills every BE Solider instantly when ever used, and make it automatic and with a RoF of about .002. If that is too overpowered, give all the NF melee attacks the ablity to damage Tanks, and do about one composite armour each hit... Mmmhmm...

But add an unchangeable autobalence or "mp_limitteams 1" so no team can have more that one more player than the other.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006