Repair Station not repairing CV.

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by VulcanStorm, May 15, 2016.

1. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Currently if you drive a damaged cv onto a repair station, the cv won't auto repair, even if it hasn't been attacked for 10 seconds. I'm unsure if this is a desired behaviour or not, but even after leaving it for 5 mins, it didn't repair. This bug occurred on both teams whilst playing on NUBS server.

Its quite simple to reproduce, just get the cv injured, and then drive it onto a repair pad somewhere safe, it won't auto repair.

On a side note: Does regenerative armour heal the tank hull as well? Because it hasn't been doing it for me, or maybe I haven't waited long enough to see any visible effect... (this goes for compo too)

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think it's intentional because it's kinda a public "bug" for really long time.

No Regen does not heal your hull.

3. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I think regen should heal the hull as well as the armour...

Tama said the cv should be getting repaired though (treated like any other vehicle), so i'm unsure whether this is intentional...

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If that's not intentional then it's a bug.
    But really, I think currently it's better, even if you want repair pad to repair CV, I think the repair rate should be much, much slower than other vehicles.

5. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I was pretty sure it was intentional that CV didn't get repaired at repair pads. It makes sense, gameplay-wise.

I have seen several comms lately put their CV on a repair pad and was wondering where they got that idea - even lost a game because a comm who was flashing just stuck it on a rep pad and buggered off to do something else thinking it would get repaired.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yeah do not want repair pads to heal cvs again. If I remember it was turned off, intentionally and the game benefitted.

If you can't spend an engineers time to heal the CV there's a reasonable case to be made that you are fully on the back foot and losing doesn't need to be more drawn out than it can be.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Well in scripts it has actual values for getting repaired at the repair bay. I would assume those values would have simply been set to 0 if it wasn't suppose to do something. I'm kinda surprised they went with a code solution to that then.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

the cv isnt supposed to be healed by the repair pad. not a bug.

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Pretty much. It's better now they do not repair on repair pads. No bug imho

10. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Yeah, I faintly remember that "CV doesn't get repaired on repair stations anymore" was part of patch notes ones.

11. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

It's not in any patch notes; you can search through steamapps/common/Empires/empires/releasenotes.txt

I think it's a bug bit it sounds like people don't want it fixed. Fine by me, plenty of more important stuff to do.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its a patch, to fix immortal cvs

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but you dont get repaired if you took damage in the last x seconds (idk the value)

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Yes, but iirc CV plates are super tough and it was deemed too easy to keep the cv repaired up during 'aggressive cv runs'

Basically it was done to persuade people not to use their cv as bait willy nilly, since all damage done had to be repaired manually. Since most people tried the tactic seeing how effective it was when used by some '1337 vets' not thinking about the risk and single handedly lose game after game after game as they just drove the cv into battle and rammed enemy tanks, get stuck, and die.

15. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Closed because this is intentional; although we might "fix" it in future so that this is done in scripts rather than in code, it seems likely a waste of time. Probably it was done in code because the scripts version wouldn't work, or had other problems.