Recycling w/wo repair upgrade

Discussion in 'Closed bugs' started by Tama, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Recycling currently gives more resources when you do not have repair upgrade.
    Even though steamapps\common\Empires\empires\scripts\vehicle_imp_jeep.txt defines
    Recycling Percentage" "0.25"

The actual implementation means that with repair upgrade, you get 37 resources back for a jeep that cost 30, and without repair upgrade, you get 74 resources back. I've just fixed that, and want to also tweak the values for each tank.

Read the following table thus:
    (Actual cost to build) (chassis_type) (resources you currently get with repair upgrade) (cost it should really be according to scripts) (value I intend to make it in the next version)

30 jeep 37 7 30
    190 APC 37 47 76
    310 medium 50 93 124
    1195 heavy 414 478 478
    1120 arty 279 280 478

So, I intend to set vehicles to 40%, except jeeps, which are essentially free if you recycle them again afterwards. This means it becomes twice as profitable to recycle mediums, APCs and arties, with the rest remaining more or less the same.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    flasche likes this.
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Why are you adding more res into the game? We don't need so many tanks. Arty might not be bad simply to make it less risky to get, but I'm not big on adding more resources.

Jeeps is a bad example because it has to give a minimum of one for each repair tic, so naturally there's more tics without repair upgrade. I tested it with a heavy and got less back without repair upgrade, I'm assuming due to more rounding errors. I guess that's what you fixed though so that's cool.

3. Tama

Indeed. I'm not adding much more res though. In the table above, compare the third column with the last to see what I'm adding. So, Mediums were 50 (with repair upgrade - because I'm assuming this was all "balanced" based on having repair upgrade) and will now be 124.

I just think it was odd that a few vehicles got very low res (due to rounding, again), such as mediums and APCs. I mean, 190 res APC should give you back more than a jeep, right?

4. Tama

I've also made it scriptable how long it takes to recycle a dead chassis.

Note (to self): if, after beta testing, we decide to go back to recycling being as fast as it was before, just set carcassHealth values to half the value of hitpoints for that vehicle; i.e. jeep should have 75 carcassHealth

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

wolololo

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

7. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

This is fixed in the beta version so I'm moving it to closed bugs. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.