Hal o ween mah fugga

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

So what are you guys dressing up for on Halloween when you put on your bigboy pants and go Trick or Treating?

I decided against the slutty nurse outfit this year and made a Frank costume, but nobody I have asked has seen the movie so I guess I'm just going to accidentally be giant-head-papier-mache Hitler.

Apologies for shitty quality. And shitty craftsmanship. Also I should go fix up those eyebrows. Anyway, show me your Spidermen/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/that one ass who always has to go as Leonidas

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I'm going to beat up all kids I see on the streets that think importing a US-holiday onto Germanic soil is ok.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yo, frank looks pretty sweet. Can you see out of it?
    I want to have a pirate and wench beach party but the weather will probably be shite.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm celebrating All Saints Day on the 1st instead by going to all the graves of the recently (20~ years) deceased relatives because this is the culturally correct thing to do.

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Studying for test on Monday. Yeah!

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I get that you are (hopefully) poking fun at polish retardation, but ill chime in regardless: doing that once a year but not giving any shit for the rest of it is not correct whatsoever.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yup. We visit granny and grampa sometimes, but that's that, the other 4+ graves only get visits on All Saints.

8. Z100000M

>5

Thats still not that bad. My grandma had over a dozen siblings. Thats ALOT of dead people and VERY sore feet. City cemetaries sometimes are downright necropolises.

I also sometimes wish those goddammed speakers would malfunction. I still dont know who got the brightest idea that people who visit their dead relatives will enjoy incredibly loud and shit quality noises.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

OH yeah we would always enjoy the chaplet while freezing our asses off and the shitty megaphone blasting the organ guy's voice all round.

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I just buy a bag of candy and stare out a window at the children, and eat snickers.

They dare not enter this holy sanctuary.

11. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Suit + pillowcase. I'm going as Not So Slenderman.

12. Metruption

Metruption Member

I'm going to put all the candy in a bowl on the doorstep and hide in the bushes. When the kids come and grab handfuls I jump out and scare them, so fun.

13. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Yep. I should have taken a daytime photo, he looks better then. The black eyes and mouth are actually holes to see out of/slip a straw in to get beer.

For the Polski among us, what is this not-Halloween you're talking about? Sounds a lot less fun. Do you at least get to drink while visiting your relatives graves? I feel like that's what family would want, people to enjoy themselves while saying hi.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Nah man, you just come over, look solemn, light candles (YES.), put some flowers, clean the grave up a bit, shoot a prayer, leave. If you're willing to put in the effort you can actually redeem all the sins of a deceased person, it's a pretty cool mechanic actually.

But the whole process is rather stiff.

15. Z100000M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints'_Day
    Its the fucking most boring, tedious and ridiculous thing. Not fun if you live in a bigger town. The cemeteries are so crowded it looks like a flash mob protest. Highlights include
    1)having to hang out with distant relatives, often elderly people who make the unorganised trek across the place in search of graves that they dont know the location of even more annoying.
    2)having to navigate crowded walkways and dance around other peoples graves because graves are tightly placed
    3)oh you do like being paranoid about your belongings right? Lots a people equals lots of thieving opportunities.
    4)buying tons of completely unnecessary decorations for extortion prices. Stuff, which could just have been snatched from the graves not so long ago as well.
    5)Have fun finding a parking spot anywhere near a cemetery
    6)Mood whiplashes everywhere as your family encounters people you've never heard of, but are apparently old friends/distant family. Hours of bonding and smalltalk in the least apparopriate place inbound.

Dont have anything against the concept, but screw everything it has become over the years.

Yeah, polish language has many different way of modifying the words based on context. Polski means some thing is polish. Polish (people) would be "Polacy".

Stop using gtranslator

There is a reason why this language is considered one of, if not the hardest one. And the only thing you get in return is that you can swear like noone else in the world. yey

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Already had my once-in-a-lifetime moment where I actually took initiative and did something. Last year I put on dress shirt and pants, lab coat, and balaclava - that's right, Dr. McNinja. Didn't take much to do, and that was my lifetime of effort, can't imagine ever getting the initiative to dress like something else.

There were a couple people in my uni who knew what I was. a couple.

[​IMG]

It's britain, the weather is always shite.

17. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Catholicism is just awesome, imagine you burn in hell and assume you are there for eternity, but then suddenly you are allowed to enter heaven because your children did some redeeming work!

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I didn't use a translator which is why it's wrong. But with Polish there is no difference anyway, I could just say "Szcyrcz dalaj nytzkurwa pedrakcz znacyczski" and it would probably almost make a real sentence with real words.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  19. complete_

complete_ lamer

wash your dupa

20. Z100000M

Nope, not a single hit there

Its unpronounceable