Haha

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Thor, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Banned

Haha, sorry wizzy. I was just working on getting my binds right yesterday so I was spamming them a bit.

That's fucking teamwork!

2. Chahk

Chahk Member

Oh please. Get off your high horse. 90% of the time it's not the clan members that stack teams, it's the other players. I've played many games that started off with even teams with clan members on the same team. After a while players from the other team slowly start switching over because they are (usually) losing badly. And then everyone starts blaming the clan members for stacking. I'm sure .:FB:. and =GK= members will agree with me here, since they are victims of this stigmata as much as =[BSID]= members are.

On the subject of ON|E server... With its current settings it's only good for goofing around anyways. If ON|E clan would like their server to be taken seriously they should do something about it. Banning the entire clan because one member broke the (un-documented) rule doesn't help the situation. Instead, it makes the server admins and clan leaders look childish and petty. Not to mention insecure about their own ability to recruit folks when other clans are around. It's their server do to with as they please, but they won't get the community's respect with this behaviour.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Some =[BSID]= members have had a really nasty habit of joining the same team despite the fact that the team has already a couple of players more than the other side in the past. But past is past and should remain past... anyone wanting some pasta?

Anyways this isn't the first time we hear intresting news from the ON|E front. The reports of Sabrewolfs admin abuse are still somewhat fresh in my mind... :) I see nothing wrong in recruiting people, but somehow it seems to me that recruiting people on another clans server is somewhat bad conduct. Although I agree that Online-Evolution isn't your regular clan.

On another note I played a couple of games today that involved the standard scenario that bugs this mod like hell: most newbies join NF and BE gets stacked with veterans. It takes a bit of time and NF gets arty raped... The sad thing is that more than once I've heard "Fuck this mod, this isn't fun." from a mouth of a first time player and then never see them again... I must agree that it isn't fun to get mowed down by arty and a stacked BE team round after a round... Don't get me wrong this doesn't happen on every round or even every day... But today I had four matches like this in a row on three different servers. This isn't fun anymore not after all these months of playing and it isn't healthy for the playerbase either. We lose a lot of fresh blood because of these two major problems: 1.Veterans stacking BE and 2.overpowered arty.

There's also one thing that bugs me greatly... One thing that made me stop playing for a week and then later another: The scout rifle. :( Please tell me it gets fixed to the 1.08 release. I don't want to have a brain tumor because of some jerkoff wanking off in my spawn... or using his hide ability to sneak one hit kill distance.

Of course you can just skip what I wrote and ignore me, your choice...

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Those are 2 different things: BSID stacking (I didn't see it lately, also they play on their server now) and banning whole clan because they are better and can steal your recruits. If I have to choose a server I prefer BSID not ON|E. :P

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Its absolutley almost every clans right to ban someone for recruiting on thier server...

Though I do admit that the On|E guys are sometimes a bit trigger happy, what they did was acceptable...

And it seems like there is about to be a major outbreak of two fairly established clans going at it and getting personal... I say either choose a side now or stay as far as you can...

And look the CW clan posted an appoligy, and look at that... THEY GOT UNBANNED...

But the BSID, noo... not even close... So I dont see any problems here... except a clan that got too greedy on another clans server...

6. Chahk

Chahk Member

I have to agree with your first point. It's their server, they pay for the bandwidth, so they can do whatever the hell they want, including banning anyone for any reason. The flip side of this coin is that they lose face in the eyes of the community.

Now to your second point about an appology. Personally, I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I never broke any of their rules (written or not) and yet I am banned simply by association. I really couldn't care less about their server, I just find the entire situation comical and hope the rest of my clanmates do as well.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Finally a server where the game lasts longer then 2 minutes! no more apc rush every single game even thru the good maps

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

If community = BSID: yes. :P

9. Deiform

Deiform Member

I played on the opposite team of On|E once...

I remember they weren't that good and I ninja'ed them =P

However, it was isle, and I do like that map to ninja...

10. Chahk

Chahk Member

Defence, my young padawan. Defence.

Touche. I bet people who read this thread will remember two things: ON|E being childish and =[BSID]= washing their dirty laundry in public. I hate clan board wars as much as the next guy.

11. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Ok guys, thats enough. If you want to take this discussion further, please move it elsewhere (preferably the relevent clan boards).

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

geh, can't go one day without useless shit being posted =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.