Zombie Master released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ^Dee^, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Courtesy of Steam Lab: Your Steam Gaming Source

The first version of the zombie master mod has been released.

Haven't played it myself yet but it sounds rather interesting. You have your usual team of player controlled humans, trying to stay alive and accomplish their objective but!...

Instead of player/computer controlled zombies ala HL1 zombie mods, the zombies are controlled by one player in what I assume to be an RTS view :)

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

d/ling

3. ^Dee^

It's not bad. Definately needs some work and I crashed when trying to pass one of the objective items to someone else :P

Zombies are too strong and it's too easy just to mass your zombies at an item spot and with the very few weapons and ammo, humans don't have much a chance :P

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

downloaded this yesterday, havent tried it yet, anyone up for a game?

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

What?
    Iron Grip got a new look? XD

6. ^Dee^

I forgot that even existed :P

Feels more like that zombie horde mod for HL1 but instead of the humans just camping it out, waiting to die, they actually have an objective to achieve. Like you have to go out and fetch parts for the truck with very limited weapons and ammo. Bring them back and when everything is brought back, you have to defend it against a final wave of zombies :P

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

It's kinda buggy still. Spawning without weapons (even without fists), people running around doing random stuff, getting stuck, lag. It needs a good ironing.

Looks like they used the default zombie AI code from HL2.

8. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I really hope they'll end up making custom models for weapons, players, zombies, objects etc.

9. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

All the weapons are custom and the zombies are too, only the props and player skins are reused, but even there's a lot of original ones too.

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Mmm I quite enjoyed it for a good five hours. Being the zombie master is so amazingly fun, even if it is too easy to win. The banshees are extremely overpowered. If you dont use them, you wont win.

I whish people would make more RTS's, becuase this one controls amazingly.
    Lets hope sometime in the not so far away future we'll be able to have some sweet 1v1's with npcs in empires mod as in Krenzo's masta plan ^_^

1v1's feels like dungeons and dragons real time zombie version x.x (As long as you set a no banshees rule, it plays out fine.)

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

It's a fun mod, and it has some work to do what with balancing and such, but once the MAJOR balancing issues are addressed (and they said on the forums they would be) then the game will rock out. Not as much as Empires, but it will rock out nonetheless.

(Issues such as Banshees being the only non-suck zed, shotgun pwnage, major lag, etc)

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

omg, a mod that has massive lag at the first release. that game should never be played because it will suck forever.

13. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

hey, i didn't say it shouldn't be played. I just said that there were lag issues to be addressed. I know it, the devs know it, and most non-retarded players out there know that they will be fixed and it will be more playable.

14. ^Dee^

I'm pretty sure that was sardonicism.

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

It's pretty awesome, because I rock at it... The game will fail because most players are too dense to stick together and not hog all the ammo.